Todd & Sargent, Inc. Ames, IA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, medical,
Reports to: VP of Engineering
Location: Ames, IA
Who this role is made for: A Structural Engineer who is excited to be a part of projects from start-up through post construction. Someone who is energized by always getting better and looks for ways to improve engineering processes through technology. A service minded professional who is passionate for delivering top-notch engineering services to internal and external partners.
The focus of this role:
Engineer Expert—engineering is a critical unique to our business!
· Sign and seal structural engineering documents when assigned as Engineer of Record
· Review shop drawings for structural and equipment items
· Maintain state of the art knowledge in all pertinent aspects of his/her discipline including design, analysis techniques, products, applicable codes, and construction practices relating to agricultural projects
· Researches, documents and is responsible for engineering design compliance with all applicable codes, ordinances, standards, regulations, covenants and restrictions
· Performs dimensional, interference and design checks
· Advises and assists Construction Project Managers, Superintendents and Subcontractors in the interpretation and clarification of construction documents
· Reviews applicable shop drawings and submittal data for compliance with construction documents
· Review product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements and related specifications.
Project Planning—you’re the leader…the success of the engineering portion of the project is ultimately up to you!
· Projects and monitors workload status, including assigned drafters and drafting leaders, advising of difficulties in accomplishing schedules or availability for additional work
· Plans time estimate for all engineering and detail work on project; communicate time estimate to drafting leader
· Develop project plans and monitor their progress and accomplishment. Communicate progress to project manager and VP-Engineering
Project Execution—you and your team deliver on their commitments and are the go-to problem solvers!
· Monitors schedule for all engineering and detail work on project; hold drafting leader accountable for deadlines
· Engages and serves as liaison to discipline-related outside consultants, coordinating information and monitoring efforts/costs
· Provides timely solutions to field problems and delegates revisions
· Coordinate and monitor the construction plan review process to ensure accurate drawings. Make modifications and changes as required.
· Manage industrial construction projects as assigned. Ensure that all projects are executed properly, while attaining desired outcomes in schedule, cost and quality.
· Keep constant communication open between Project Management, Purchasing, Sales, Design Development, Contractors and Engineers; ensures information is disseminated timely and accurately.
Site Visits—you believe that understanding the impact to the field is very important!
· Conduct periodic site inspections as determined by VP-Engineering
· Inspector on slip process; verifying placement of reinforcement and inserts, answering questions on drawings, and writing reports after slip process is complete. This is determined by VP-Engineering.
· 2-3 years of structural engineering experience
· Experience in steel design
· Experience in Revit
· Communication-the ability to take initiative to express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with drafting leaders, engineers, designers, project managers, etc
· Manages Change-the ability to demonstrate support for innovation and for organizational changes needed to improve the organization’s effectiveness; helping other to successfully manage organizational change
· Information Gathering--the ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation, seek that information from appropriate sources, and use skillful questioning to draw out the information, when others are reluctant to disclose it.
· Flexibility: Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one’s preferred way of doing things.
· Information Gathering: The ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation, seek that information from appropriate sources, and use skillful questioning to draw out the information, when others are reluctant to disclose it.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
· Engineering License is preferred but not required
The values we look for in people to join our family:
· Do The right Thing
o Do what you say you will
o Build Safely. Build Quality.
o Tackle the tough stuff.
o Even (especially) when it’s hard.
· Team Over Self
o We’re in this together.
o Eat, sleep, and breathe respect.
o Build each other up.
o It’s not about me.
· All In, All The Time
o Be relentlessly focused on serving our customers.
o Never get out-worked.
o Look for solutions, not problems.
o Take ownership—hold yourself and others accountable.
· Get Better
o Continuously strive toward innovation and improvement.
o Keep your mind open to new ideas.
o Invest in yourself and those around you.
o Think beyond today.
Todd & Sargent, Inc.
ConstructionView all jobs at Todd & Sargent, Inc.