Tax Manager Public Accounting - Remote Opportunity!
Todd & Co CPA Group LTD Newport News, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Todd & Co is a boutique CPA firm founded in Newport News, Virginia. We recently took the firm 100% virtual and have an immediate need for an experienced tax manager to oversee the Tax Department of the firm. This position is a remote position.
The successful candidate will be able to manage the staff that prepares individual and entity tax returns, as well as admin staff that gather data and communicate with clients. We have clientele all over the U.S. and the successful candidate will be able to manage, advise and research on multi-state and local taxation. We also have clientele that work all over the world and need advice and research on global tax matters on a regular basis. We also have a need for estate and trust expertise in our firm. Candidates with this skill set will be pushed to the top of the list!
The Tax Manager position is in charge of managing the entire workflow of the Tax Department to include running and delivering tax projections and proactive tax plans to clientele several times throughout the year.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience in the following:
1) Reviewing income tax returns to include 1040, 1120/S, 1065, 990, 1041 706, 709
2) Preparing, reviewing and delivering proactive tax plans and projections
3) Supervisory skills with a coaching mentality
4) Excellent communication skills, with the ability to talk to clients in a way that is not intimidating and easy to understand
5) Experience using UltraTax, Planner CS and the Microsoft and/or G-suite tools
6) Ability to work independently
7) Licensed CPA in good standing and current on all CPE and ethics requirements
8) Masters in Taxation a plus
9) Certificate in International Taxation or SALT a plus
10) Ability to quickly adapt to technological changes happening in our profession, and to adopt technology tools as they become available.
11) Ability to manage and meet deadlines on time is required.
12) Ability to manage multiple staff, scheduling their workload and tracking staff deadlines to ensure on-time (early) delivery!
This position is currently part-time but expected to grow into a full-time position in the near future. Our firm continues to grow despite the current pandemic. Come grow with us!
Todd & Co CPA Group Ltd offers the following benefits:
10 paid holidays - Day after tax day (April 16), Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day
Group benefits for employees who work at least 30 hours or more per week include the following:
• AFLAC coverage for short-term disability, cancer, and accident
• Simple IRA with up to 3% employer match
• Participation in our group Prepaid Legalshield and/or IDShield plan
• Long-term disability
• Group term life insurance up to 1X salary plus dependent benefit of $10,000 for spouse and $5,000 per dependent child.
• Employer reimbursement for state board of accountancy license
• Employer reimbursement of $35/mo for smart phone use
• 40 hours annual continuing professional education
• Home office reimbursement
• Employer provided laptop and office equipment as needed
Our client facing and team supporting “office hours” are as follows:
• January 1 – April 15 (tax day) – Mon – Thur 9 am to 6 pm, Fri 9 am to 5 pm, Sat 10 am to 6 pm, closed Sundays
• April 16 – August 31 – Mon – Thur 9 am to 6 pm, Closed Friday, Saturday, Sunday
• September 1 – December 31 – Mon – Thur 9 am to 6 pm, Fridays as needed to meet tax extension deadlines, closed weekends
The Tax Manager reports directly to the firm owner and will have three employees reporting directly to you.
Vacation/Paid Time Off:
Paid time off (PTO) will accrue at 3.08 hours per pay period, with a maximum accrual of 80 hours per calendar year. Please do not plan to schedule any paid PTO from January 1 – April 15. Any available PTO can be used for unscheduled sick leave during this time.
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED: Candidates must provide a resume, three recent professional references and salary requirements with their application. SALARY COMMISERATE WITH EXPERIENCE.
Todd & Co CPA Group LTDWhy Work Here?
Todd & Co. CPA Group, Ltd. is a close-knit, yet growing public accounting firm with a commitment to personal and professional growth.
Todd & Co. CPA Group, Ltd. is a close-knit, yet growing public accounting firm that operates with the highest integrity and an unparalleled commitment to personal and professional growth. We are a fast-paced and dedicated team that works together to provide our clients with the highest possible level of service and advice. As a member of our team, you will be expected to commit to delivering outstanding quality and results that exceed client expectations. In addition, you will be expected to exhibit personal accountability in all the interactions, advice and results that you provide as a representative of our firm. In return, we are committed to providing you with every opportunity to learn, grow, and stretch to the highest level of your ability and potential. We are confident that you will find this new opportunity both challenging and rewarding.
732 Thimble Shoals BoulevardNewport News, VA