Real Estate Analyst
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Tobin Real Estate - The Owner’s Perspective™
Tobin is an accomplished family-owned real estate, management, and construction company based in South Florida that provides a full stack of development, construction, brokerage, and management services across the Southeastern United States. Established in 1926 by real estate pioneer Ben Tobin, the company remains family-owned and operated and has compiled a diversified portfolio. Tobin prioritizes a relationship-first approach and entrepreneurial work ethic while utilizing the Owner’s Perspective™. Tobin’s heritage of success is marked by the collective experience of its professionals, their dedication and expertise, and the company’s position as an invested stakeholder, acting only in the best interest of each client. For more information, visit www.TobinSince1926.com.
Real Estate Analyst
Tobin Real Estate
Skills and Knowledge Area
- Ability to prepare analytical and financial reports.
- Sophisticated proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe, Publisher, Argus, CoStar, Loopnet and Constant Contact.
- Work independently as well as function successfully in a team oriented environment.
- Complete assigned tasks and projects accurately within established timelines.
- Familiarity with accounting statements/concepts (i.e., IS, BS, CF, Accrual/Cash, Tax) & GAAP.
- Plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
- Ability to read government land maps, blueprints, and aerial maps.
- Understand the property record keeping systems and processes used by local governments.
- Knowledge of relevant federal, estate, and departmental laws, rules, practices, methods, and procedures.
- Sophisticated written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Independently evaluate and analyze opportunities using multiple financial tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of building design, construction and renovation, and maintenance.
Specific Job Functions
- Complete in-depth market study of potential acquisitions including the site, local markets, regional economy, demographics, trends, absorption, and vacancy.
- Consult with professionals and local officials involving issues such as feasibility, property financing, property tax appeals, purchase/sale advisement, condemnation, and other assignments.
- Secure and analyze background information relevant to acquisitions such as tax history, ownership history, and planning and zoning.
- Utilization of public governmental records, statements, subscription services, Internet, contracts, and other research sources to gather information.
- Interview landowners, tenants, and others during research process of analysis.
- Perform feasibility/profitability analysis of proposed acquisitions, development, leasing, expansion, and joint venture/partnerships.
- Identify and document strengths and weaknesses of potential and existing investments.
- Perform financial analysis utilizing various methods (i.e., Discounted Cash Flow, IRR, ROI, ROE, NPV, and DCF).
- Create competitive/sensitivity analysis for potential investments.
- Evaluate potential development projects, analyze site plans, entitlement process, lease rates, development costs, and expense projections.
- Abstract and analyze legal documents and third party reports (i.e., Leases, Purchase & Sales Agreements, Environmental Reports, etc).
- Analyze existing and alternative financing.
- Perform risk analysis, purchase vs. lease analyses, tenant relocation analysis and highest and best use.
- Research and analyze market trends for redevelopments/infill opportunities.
- Perform operating revenue/expense analysis including normalization and CAM reconciliations.
- Create buyout analysis and value added/upside analysis.
- Analyze asset disposition strategies and ownership alternatives.
- Prepare presentation materials for existing and potential investments based on various methods of analysis.
- Prepare budget projections and assumptions.
- Develop reporting models and scenario analysis for investments (i.e., Projected Return, Investor Return, Cash Flow Valuation, Competitive/Sensitivity models, etc).
- Develop and prepare Offering Memorandums and proformas for properties and developments.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or other analytical field.
- 2 years experience in real estate investment brokerage, advisory, development or commercial lending setting.
- ARGUS experience preferred.
- Florida Real Estate Salesperson License is preferred but not required.
The qualification requirements, physical demands and work environment characteristics described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
This job description in no way states or implies that the duties described are the only responsibilities. The employee is required to follow any other instruction and to perform any other work duties at the request of the supervisor or other management personnel.
It is very important that the successful candidate fit into the Tobin Real Estate culture. The company’s values focus on results, creativity, honesty/candor, and strong teamwork. There is a great passion for the work we do.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
Tobin Real EstateWhy Work Here?
To elevate the next generation of real estate, management, and construction standards of excellence, as we have for nearly a century.
1101 Ben Tobin Drive HollywoodHollywood, FL
Real EstateView all jobs at Tobin Real Estate