Under the direction of the Chief Medical Officer, the RN Clinic Manager performs various duties in accordance with the needs and scope of T.H.E. Health and Wellness Centers. This individual must be one who thrives in our environment centered in values or respect, integrity, compassion, confidentiality and excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supervise the nurses, medical assistants, and other back-office staff to ensure optimal patient care while maintaining good discipline and order in an atmosphere of mutual respect and collaboration.
· Ensures all staff under his/her supervision maintain appropriate licensure/certifications and attend all required continuing education.
· Ensures all subordinate staff remains in compliance with T.H.E. Health and Wellness Centers’ employment policy and code of conduct.
· Manages the employee performance review process for all direct report staff.
· Provides mentorship, training and guidance to subordinate staff.
· Supervises the administration of competency assessments and corrective training when needed.
· In collaboration with the CMO, provides clinical direction and supervision over T.H.E. Clinic Inc. Infection Prevention and Control program.
· Collaborates with other clinic leaders to participate in Joint Commission readiness and maintenance. Participates in other audits and/or mandatory data reporting as required, as well as obeys all applicable state and federal guidelines.
· Participates in the care of patients within the scope of his/her practice as delineated by clinical privileges, conducting nurse visits, providing patient triage when appropriate, providing education and guidance to patients and their families.
· Attends and assists with preparation of conferences as well as clinical and administrative meetings to represent benefit and interests of T.H.E. Health and Wellness Centers. Participates in Peer Review, Quality Improvement, Departmental Meetings, and others as assigned.
· Maintains working knowledge of departmental policies and procedures. Updates and revises nursing related policies and procedures as required.
· Maintains current licensure and participates in on-going continue medical education.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience Required:
· Current California Registered Nurse License and CPR Certification.
· 2 years of community clinic experience is a plus.
· Ability to work with people of diverse cultural, educational, social, and economic backgrounds.
· Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with patients, professionals, and work as effective team unit.
· Ability to delegate authority to an appropriate staff.
· Ability to work independently, as a team player and under pressure.
· Computer proficiency.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent organizational skills
· Experience utilizing an Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system is highly desirable
· Bilingual preferred.