Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. As a Native Alaskan, Tribally- Owned business, THTBC has a competitive edge unique in the US Federal Government contracting space, including access to US Government directed sole source contracts. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled.
A proposal manager communicates in a professional and credible manner. Excellent research skills and the ability to write persuasively and articulately are essential. The main job duties involve researching, writing and organizing ideas. Additional duties may include conducting interviews, reviewing products or services, creating strategies, working with graphic designers and presenting proposals.
The Proposal Manager oversees proposal activities, including directing proposal personnel, managing proposal schedules and deadlines, developing proposal outline and compliance matrix, and monitoring the progress of the proposal.
Key success factors include the ability to plan and manage a schedule, ensure on-time performance, and direct resources, daily tasks, and review proposals for accuracy and compliance with RFP instructions.
• Analyze and understand RFPs and customer requirements and ensure delivery of proposals that meet those requirements.
• Identify and engage appropriate resources for proposal development.
• Manage project resources and timelines to ensure efficient development and on-time delivery of a compliant proposal.
Lead proposal reviews and coordinate final proposal production/delivery, including graphics development, eRFx tool upload and printing (if necessary).
• Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts throughout company to develop proposal content addressing customer requirements, as well as development of content library for reusable content.
• Maintains focus on win strategy throughout proposal process and infuse strategy effectively throughout entire proposal process, creating compelling documents to enable large-scale, high-profile business development wins.
• Maintain high-level understanding of company products and services to act as value-add in proposal development.
• Write, edit and proofread proposals and related materials to ensure accuracy, clarity, readability, overall consistency of the language, formats, and styles; with compliance with company guidelines and standards.
• Ensure all aspects of the deliverable are correct and error-free, including grammar, spelling and compliance with all RFP requirements
• Maintain archival files of all RFPs and completed proposals and presentations.
• Support implementation and maintenance of Proposal Management or Content Management software.
• Embrace proposal-development methodologies and advocate appropriate processes; identify and deploy best practices; and nurture and promote the brand across all channels (Employee, Client, and Corporate).
• Act as secondary reviewer on proposals led by other team members.
• Work collaboratively with the marketing department to assist in writing needs for various print and online materials such as whitepapers, case studies, brochures, flyers, direct mail, web copy, presentations, blog commentary, etc.
• Collaborate with graphic designers to integrate copy with visual concepts and negotiate layout-driven revisions as necessary.
• Ability to learn quickly, demonstrate critical thinking, and makes situation-appropriate decisions using sound judgment.
• Provide mentorship to less-experienced teammates.
• Maintain appropriate records and documentation; tracks, monitors, and report data to support proposal services.
• Support continual process improvement.
• B.A. and three (3) years of experience with proposal preparation and submission desired. Ideal candidate should have at least two (2) years of industry experience and strong technical writing and editing skills. Receptive to a combination of equivalent experience and education.
• Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet schedules.
• Ability to work well in a team and meet tight deadlines.
• Experience working with sales/marketing teams.
• Project management skills.
• Experience working with senior management and organization’s multiple disciplines (technical, product management, marketing, pricing, contracts).
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project.
• Rudimentary graphic design skills (i.e., familiarity with Illustrator, Photoshop, et al) a plus.
• Experience working on proposals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation. For positions requiring use of a Company and/or Customer vehicle, must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred, along with three (3) years of experience in proposal preparation and submission. Each complete year of accredited college education in a related field may be substituted for the equivalent number of years of required experience.
Other Requirements: Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation