HVAC Service Technician
- Posted: 28 days ago
HVAC Service Technician
$24-$32/hr depending on level and experience
Titan Mechanical is a growing Residential construction company. We are currently looking for help in our Residential Service HVAC division. The Service Tech would be responsible for responding to service calls and help our clients using their skills and knowledge in the trade. We do require HVAC Techs to be on a rotating on-call for weekends. Any techs that respond to weekend calls would be properly compensated with overtime pay. Additionally, we at Titan believe one of the best ways we can support our employees is through continuing education. Employees that are interested in learning new skills or even just honing the skills they currently have, are encouraged to enroll in our programs.
We are hoping to find a Tech with strong HVAC skills to join our Titan Team!
- Able to work Monday-Friday with occasional evenings and weekends as needed. Must be
- flexible with schedule. Hours may involve start times as early as 5:00 a.m.
- Reliable transportation- go to sites in DC, VA, and MD.
- Minimum 3 years of prior experience as a laborer, skilled laborer, helper
- Satisfactory background check and initial/random drug tests.
- Dependable and reliable.
- Works well with team, including other trades.
- Inquisitive: wants to learn; asks questions.
- Communicates effectively in English.
- Able to lift five to fifty pounds (5-50lbs), with or without assistance, frequently.
- Able to sit, stand, bend, walk, climb, and remain in static positions for duration of shift.
- Able to withstand exposure to heights, tight/confined spaces; work in dusty areas; work in temperature extremes; be exposed to external elements (wind, rain, snow, etc).
- Know how to read blueprints
- High school diploma/GED (experience may be substituted for education)
- Possess skills related to balance, agility, eye-hand coordination, flexibility, depth perception, peripheral vision, and manual dexterity.
- Must be able to differentiate between colors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform customer service, repairs, and maintenance in a timely manner.
- Listen the customer’s concerns and evaluate possible solutions based on their needs.
- Complete service tickets while on jobsite.
- Make efficient use of materials, parts, supplies and company tools.
- Learn appropriate HVAC procedures and basic codes.
- Be able to braze and sweat pipe on their own
- Know piping techniques.
- Practicing the mechanics and principles of HVAC and basic electrical.
- Reading basic schematics, wiring diagrams, blueprints
- Work alone on basic HVAC maintenance, diagnostic and repairs.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude. Be reliable.
- Using hand tools.
- Maintaining CFC and Apprentice license.
- Any other duties requested by Supervisor
- Reports for Service Manager/Field Supervisor
- 401(k) w/ company match
- Company Truck and Tools
- Medical/Dental/Life Insurance offered
- Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Training
Titan Mechanical & Plumbing
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?