Machine Builder Technician
If you have a passion for machinery and automation, are mechanically inclined, love to make new mechanisms and machinery work, like hands on fabrication and assembly and do not mind getting your hands dirty, this role is for you.
Titan designs and builds custom test machines primarily for Off Highway Vehicle manufacturers and hydraulic component suppliers. Our key customers included Eaton, Caterpillar, John Deere, CNH, Danfoss, and Agco. We are focused on test and measurement data acquisition and analysis.
As a Machine Builder Technician for our assembly and test systems, you will have responsibility for metal fabrication, mechanical assembly, hydraulic/pneumatic plumbing and wiring of our custom machines. In addition, you will participate in the physical installation of our equipment onsite at the customer’s facility. When you are on site at the customer’s facility, your strong interpersonal skills will be required to deal with customer requests, and the pressure associated with bringing new equipment on line and making it productive. Your ability to create confidence in our equipment builds customer loyalty and repeat business is essential.
This position best suits a person who enjoys the “hands on” aspects of custom designed equipment, a wide range of project activities to make it work, and enjoys new software and electronics technology. You would be working with our mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and software engineers to produce “state of the art” highly automated machines.
Location Sturtevant, WI
- Mechanical Fabrication, Mig/Tig/Arc welding, brazing, machining, grinding and metal forming.
- Light painting and finish work.
- Mechanical Machine Assembly
- Hydraulic Piping, Tube Bending, and Hose assembly
- Electrical wiring and routing
- Conduit Bending
- Debug hydraulic, mechanical, and hydraulic systems
- Installation of test stands, including field wiring and customer training.
- 5-10% Travel
Experience and Education Required:
- Minimum High School Degree, 2 year associates is very desirable.
- Previous experience in machine building, repair or maintenance desirable
- Automotive repair experience is very relevant.
- Knowledge of hydraulic systems is very desirable
- Experience with PC based data acquisition and control hardware desirable
- Capable of using PC controls to perform a basic check-out of test stand functionality. This includes checking electric motors for correct rotation, checking for hydraulic and pneumatic leaks, making sure cylinders, actuators, etc., can move freely, checking electric switches for correct logic and continuity, etc.
- Understand electrical & hydraulic schematics and mechanical assembly drawings
Behavioral Skills Required:
- This position will be working with different levels of customer personnel, engineers, assemblers, maintenance, management, etc., and must be able to do so in a professional manner.
- Ability to communicate to and work within a team productively.
- Willingness to work late to meet critical project deadlines periodically
- Ability to manage interpersonal conflict among team players
- Ability to build respect among peers and team members built on achievement of team goals
- Collaborate closely with team members to foster ownership of machine quality
- Be creative to overcome difficult assembly problems with tough time constraints
- Maintain a positive attitude and challenge yourself to inspire others
- Work on multiple projects at the same time to meet all deadlines.
Titan can offer competitive pay, tuition reimbursement, and flexible hours for candidates that meet our requirements.
Company maintains the right to fill these positions at any time. In addition, the company may conduct simultaneous external and internal searches and may select external candidates over internal candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.