Tooling Engineer - AL
The Tooling Engineer is responsible for supporting production requests for die improvements, cavity replacement tooling builds, and management of day to day dimensional issues, as well as, carrying out and following through with validation of these changes.
· Track engineering revision levels for both the part model and die database.
· Monitor tooling uptime for assigned die family and generate an improvement roadmap of countermeasures for all top issues causing downtime and stops.
· Design countermeasures and engineering trials based on roadmap above; implement using test card and PCR process and verify the effectiveness of corrective action using quantitative and statistical tools.
· Generate and maintain standardization matrix for all tools in rotation that tracks implementation of verified corrective actions from roadmap.
· Track tooling rotation and life and maintain refurbishment forecast for 12 months in future.
· Coordinate all external maintenance and improvement activities for assigned tools.
· Assist purchasing and warehouse personnel in the creation and tracking of spare parts.
· Other engineering and support activities as required- to keep plant on improving trend for KPI's and profitability
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
· 3 years' die cast or other metal casting and metal forming process experience
· Understanding of die casting and machining processes
· Proficient background in tooling and repair
· Catia is required, Unigraphics in preferred
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Patient and organized approach to problem solving
· Ability to work collaboratively
· Data driven