Branch Operations Manager
Tire's Warehouse Union City, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
Reporting to the Regional Operations Manager, this position is responsible for the administration and efficient daily operation of the distribution branch’s warehousing and transportation functions; including: operations, logistics, security and safety in accordance with the Company’s objectives. Trains staff to provide a superior level of customer service and promotes the sales and service culture through coaching, guidance and staff motivation. Provides leadership, training and supervision; delegates day-to-day operations as necessary to achieve required results. Oversees warehousing efforts, transportation management and claims responsibility for inventory stock.
Branch Operations Managers are highly involved in day-to-day operations of their assigned branch, particularly in relation to the facility, the premise, customer service, and logistics. Additionally, this highly responsible position serves on the Operations Council with other company Operations leaders to design, implement, and measure designed Operations tools, methods, plans and initiatives.
- Responsibilities for Branch Operations Managers are broad-based, covering several functions within the branch.
- Responsible for distribution activities and personnel whenever the facility is open and facility security at all times.
- Organizes all activities and assigns jobs accordingly for assigned staff.
- Manages inventory stock control: the assured receipt, storage, retrieval and timely delivery of goods, shipment loading & transferring, document recording and data entry into system.
- Constantly plans out all warehouse resources, activities, and objectives; sets targets in relation to company objectives.
- Develops and manages maintenance programs and schedules with vendors for delivery vehicles, order pickers and all warehouse assets.
- Assumes responsibility for safety training needs, including equipment operation, LOTO, emergency evacuation, and all company policies.
- Ensures that workplace health and safety requirements are met and takes responsibility for the security of the building and inventory stock.
- Maintains housekeeping of warehouse and surrounding area.
- Promotes constant motivation among staff to strive for efficient and effective warehouse administration.
- Enhances subordinates’ well-being and capability through training and identifies opportunities for promotion.
- Researches and implements improvements in warehouse operations according to company’s objectives.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Recruits, tests, and hires warehouse staff, based on criteria agreed upon by the Corporate Ops Team. Empowers Warehouse Supervisors in hiring process to allow their input on hiring decision.
- Other duties as assigned
Internal / External Cooperation
- Works closely with the Corporate Operations Team to review analytics
- Promote constant motivation among staff to strive for an efficient and effective warehouse administration.
- Delegates authority and responsibility as required to achieve company goals. Maintains accountability and follow-up on outcomes.
- Sets examples for all staff in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills, and work habits.
- Responds to Branch security issues.
- Responds and Implements to Branch Emergency Response program to maintain up-time.
- Works with Branch Sales Manager and Operations Specialist to ensure route accuracy and customer satisfaction.
- Serves as a member of the Company Wide Unified Operations Team. Comes prepared to meetings to discuss concerns specific to the assigned branch.
- Conducts regular coaching and counseling with Branch Operations staff.
- Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Familiar with enterprise software and warehouse management systems
- Ability to create reports using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other similar applications.
- Strong ability to analyze and problem-solve
- Ability to be flexible to changing conditions and needs
- Ability to work independently and with other people
- Strong oral and written English communication skills
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Able to interface, work, and communicate with people of varied backgrounds and at all levels
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS degree in Supply Chain Management/Operations and/or similar field or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- 7+ years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Tire industry knowledge preferred
Tire's WarehouseWhy Work Here?
Benefits: Medical / Dental / Vision 401K w/ Match after 30 days. Competitive wages Full Time and Direct Hire work
Family owned and operated for over 50 years, TWI has helped independent tire retailers expand and grow their businesses. Tire's Warehouse, Incorporated, a division of U.S. Venture, Inc., is the leading tire wholesaler in California. With over 500 team members and 9 locations, we continue to grow our service area throughout California, Nevada and Arizona.
33375 Central AvenueUnion City, CA
Finance and Insurance