The Accounting Manager is responsible for direct oversight of all assigned finance, accounting and reporting activities. The Accounting Manager will work closely with: Corporate Accounting Staff, Branch Managers, the Corporate Management Team; and their individual staffs, not only to educate regarding finance and accounting procedures, but also to explore how the finance function supports Company objectives and operations.
Supervision Received - The Accounting Manager works under the direction of Corporate Controller.
Supervision Exercised - Supervises and directs the work of assigned staff.
The Accounting Manager must demonstrate critical competencies in four broad categories: commitment to results, business savvy, leading change, and motivating.
- Oversees monthly financial close process, and the preparation of financial reports.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Maintains or develops controlled accounting processes - ensuring that assets are safe-guarded, and accounts are effectively managed.
- Oversees the General Ledger Accounting staff, their assignment of duties, and performance within these assignments.
- Ensures that monthly balance sheet reconciliations are completed in a timely fashion.
- Ensures monthly and annual financial statements are produced in a timely fashion.
- Maintains the chart of accounts
- Oversees Physical Inventory Process with support from the Corporate Controller.
- Maintains vendor rebate tracking and reconciliation of amounts received – responsible for accuracy of reserve, cost of goods sold, and receivable related accounts.
- Develops and maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures for areas of responsibility.
- Coordinates Annual Financial Audit as instructed.
- Supports the Corporate Controller in efforts to keep abreast of issues and trends in financial operating models and delivery.
- Provides division and corporate management with timely and accurate reporting of financial data and analysis required for control, evaluation, consolidation and information purposes. Reports and presents financial information to Executive Committee as needed.
- Coordinates the development, implementation, maintenance, and revision of financial systems, reports and business models.
- Supports the Controller in managing the Company’s projected cash flows.
Internal / External Cooperation
- Leverages strengths of the current finance team members, help to clarify roles and responsibilities and develop and implement training programs in order to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals.
- Provides leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
- Demonstrates an ability to prioritize work and be attentive to detail.
- Demonstrates an ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Demonstrates an ability to communicate clearly and effectively with individuals and groups when writing, speaking, and listening.
- Demonstrates a clear ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Demonstrates an ability to motivate and manage individuals and teams.
- CMA/CPA. Public accounting experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a clearly related field.
- 6 years of progressive accounting experience.
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP.
- Honest, ethical, and of high integrity.
- Willingness to travel throughout entire servicing territory, both current and future.
- Familiarity with enterprise software solutions, and MS Office Suite.
- Advanced Excel Skills a must
- Advanced Access Skills a plus
- Strong organization skills.