Production and Inventory Control
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
TSF STRUCTURES POSITION DESCRIPTION
Position Summary: Performs a variety of duties in receiving, issuing, handling and accounting for production and inventory control.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential job duties for this position include the following items. Other duties must be performed as assigned or required.
• Receive all shipments of raw material and hardware
• Follow up on partial material shipments received
• Verify PO’s to deliveries and let purchasing and accounting know of any discrepancies
• Send supply orders to accounting
• Do physical inventories, verify and adjust as needed
• Check for material and excess hardware for purchasing, pull hardware when needed
• Make Main Mark labels for Tipton and West
• Modify routes in Production Control if needed and run reports
• Key and check piece tracking for Tipton Plant employees
• Conduct cycle counts of inventory weekly and send discrepancies to Controller and Production Coordinator
• Update excel inventory file and bolt room signs when product is received in and shipped out
• Support Plant Manager in scheduling interviews, walk in visitors, and other appointments
• Ensure all visitors and vendors sign in prior to entering plant
• Review all plant employee timecards prior to passing on to Plant Manager
• Document all employee uniform rentals and forward forms to Human Resources
• Receive and record returned employee uniforms and forward forms to Human Resources
• Work overtime as business requires
• Demonstrate a commitment to process and quality improvement
• Demonstrate commitment to teamwork
• Uphold, support, and promote all company policies, procedures, and vision
• Stay current with changes in industry and position
• Serve as backup to the Shipping Coordinator
o Schedule trucks and drivers for deliveries
o Approve and schedule outside trucking company to ship product
o Get quotes for LTL shipments when needed, do bill of lading and schedule pickups
To perform this job successfully, the individual in this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills and ability required. Education and/or Experience:
• Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and six months to one-year related experience or training and experience equivalent to education and experience. Language Skills:
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
* Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. Mathematical Skills:
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability:
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs. and carry short distances less than 25% of work time.
• Stand and/or walk less than 25% of work time.
• Use hands and fingers, handle, grasp, hold or feel over 75% of work time.
• Stoop, bend, and/or crouch, less than 25% of work time.
• Talk or hear over 75% of work time.
• Close vision – clear vision at 20 inches or less. Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
• Work in an office environment over 75% of the time.
Tipton Structural Fabrication, Inc.
1405 Sycamore StreetTipton, IA
Get fresh Receiving Inventory jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.