Tinycare (www.tinycare.co) is a community of modern, urban micro centers that focuses on nurturing children, supporting parents, and valuing educators. Our inspirations come from a wonderful blend of Montessori, Reggio Emilia, Waldorf, and RIE philosophies, rooted in science. We believe in fostering the development of the whole child in our childcare oasis. Our environments are designed intentionally to provide a safe, calm beautiful space for the children and teachers. We seek a full time, experienced, passionate, dedicated teacher to join our second microcenter. We prefer 2-4 years of experience working with young children, ECE units, and Mandarin Chinese background. The micro center will serve families with children between 3 months - 3 years of age, with a max of 6 children per day. We are located in the Mission Bay area of San Francisco, down the street from the AT&T ballpark. Muni and Caltrain are nearby, in addition to many places to explore!
- Instruct toddler/early preschool age children in activities designed to promote holistic intellectual, social, emotional, physical, and creative growth
- Create a fun and safe learning environment
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with students and parents
- Communicate with parents on students' growth and progress
- Maintain the health and safety of all students
- Assist with cleaning the classroom
- Assist with preparing food for children
- Fluent English
- Mandarin speaking (preferred, but not mandatory)
- Passionate about working with children
Ability to build rapport with children and parents
Positive and patient demeanor
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Willingness to learn and improve
- Background check
- Vaccination against influenza, measles, pertussis
- 100% safety record with nurturing children in care record
- Education: at least 12 ECE units, Bachelors degree preferred
- 2-4 years teaching in an early care environment: teachers, nannies, family child care educators encouraged to apply.
- 3+ years with toddlers & early preschool OR infants
- Preferred: working in a Montessori or Reggio Emilia bilingual environment
- Entrepreneurialism, creativity, and the desire to build a new model for early childhood education
- Health benefits
- Sick days
- Small ratios (1:3 or 1:4) and small class sizes so opportunity to build intimate connections with children
- Use of the luxury amenities at the building including gym, lounges, rock climbing wall, and more.
- Eat healthy, homemade meals with the children during family style dining if there is extra food.
- Have the opportunity to be a Head Teacher in the future!
Job Type: Part-Time (~20 Hrs/Wk)
Hrs: 2-6PM ( M-F)
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.00 to $24.00 /hour