Professional NY family relocating to Stanley, Hong Kong with 3 children seeks an educated full-time, live-in Private Tutor/Private Educator with proven track-record. Ideal candidate is professional, energetic, warm, takes initiative, has a positive can-do attitude, and is an open communicator. Must have a strong interest in Biology & Math. Schedule is 55/hrs a week. Ideal candidates must be flexible as weekly schedules may change occasionally. Family has a dog.
Teaching credentials is a plus but a background as a Tutor is a must. This educator will be responsible for creating a positive, stimulating and enriched environment for the children. A candidate who is highly organized, fun and responsible will excel in this role! The family desires a candidate who will work with them to create the best educational experience for their children. This role is great for a candidate that wants to take 1-2 year between graduate school or beginning a career.
Duties are but not limited to:
- Following the children’s school curriculum and tutoring in appropriate subjects such as Science and Math.
- Fostering the children’s educational, social, and creative development.
- Organizing outside activities such as educational outings; museums, art galleries, theatre visits and sporting activities.
- Liaise with children’s schools, track and report to parents on school progress
- Assistance with homeschooling and encouragement of intellectual activities
This is a full-time position of 55 hours/week. Monday-Friday 8am-7pm. Flexibility to travel with the family. Accommodations are provided while traveling.
The family is offering a competitive Salary, as well as additional benefits including assistance with healthcare, PTO, sick days. Paid travel. The position will begin at the start as soon as the family finds the right fit.
THIS POSITION IS GREAT FOR A PERSON THAT WANTS TO TAKE 1-2 Years off, or even take class while in Hong Kong, when not working. You will have a private room in staffed home with Nanny and Housekeeper.
- Must be Passport Ready- Position start end of July or Mid August
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from a top University ( Will consider a Junior taking a year off before Senior year)
- Experience tutoring in Biology and Math.
- Experience tutoring SAT/ACT a huge plus
- Passion for both learning and teaching
- Organized and proactive approach
- Full Screening & Background Check will be Conducted