Video Games! PR Account Executive
Tinsley-PR LLC Denver, CO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Video games! We are a small boutique agency specializing in the video game industry and are hiring for an account executive position to work with us on shaping strategic communications and PR campaign execution for our clients’ games. This job will be weird, exciting, sometimes stressful, sporadically fun, manageably difficult and quite possibly only slightly rewarding.
We work with a curated client roster of game developers and publishers around the world producing some of the best AAA and indie games, and we are looking for the newest member to join our team.
Applicants should be dynamic, high-performing self-starters who fit into an Account Executive role (with room to grow). The ideal candidate has a degree in communications or journalism, has had a year or two working in-house or agency side in PR or marketing, social or brand experience, and possesses a passion for video games, internet culture and understands the streamer/content creator/influencer space on Twitch and YouTube.You will be responsible for managing several games at a time in various stages of their marketing/PR cycle, engaging with media, streamers and content creators/influencers, managing clients and booking media appointments at industry events if Covid ever allows us to travel again.
***Important: Applicants who can demonstrate experience with dank memes and the crypto space will be highly considered. If you would prefer to shoot us a quick note highlighting your passion and knowledge of gaming or just want to wax philosophical about console wars, opine about hot tub streamers on Twitch or send us some sick memes along with your resume, feel free to shoot us an email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.***
Tl;dr - The ideal candidate is a superb writer, has PR experience, harnesses a passion for and knowledge of video games and internet culture.
· Ensure incredible games get the visibility they deserve by bringing clients creative PR opportunities which result in amplification of the general awareness of their titles and creating, planning, and executing concepts that focus attention toward a project's/game's most compelling elements
· Manage client relations, organize media pitching, coverage reporting on deadline and press release writing – we’re a small agency so there’s not a lot of hierarchy here: you will participate in top to bottom PR work (strategy planning to coverage clipping)
· Work within a small team in a relaxed but strictly professional atmosphere (no Twitter fights, no trolling)
· Travel to industry events around the world demoing video games to fans
· Anticipating potential obstacles and client needs to ensure PR plans and general launches happen as smoothly as possible
· Keeping familiar with all relevant media, both on professional/personal levels as well as with trending narratives and topics among the press
· Cultivate and maintain relationships with top streamers/YouTubers in the games space
· At least one year (two/three preferable) at agency or in-house PR, social, games/tech journalism or marketing/branding experience
· Knowledge of and passion for video games (console, PC, mobile)
· Outstanding knowledge of MS Office and Google Docs
· Excellent communication/presentation skills and ability to build and maintain relationships
· Organizational and time-management skills
· Enthusiastic and passionate about learning, working with a variety of international game developers and publishers
· BSc or BA in journalism, business administration, communication, sales or marketing
OTHER FUN THINGS:
· This is a role that will begin as WFH but when we can all breath air again freely we will procure a shared workspace situation near/in downtown Denver to use part of the week. As such, you need to be truly organized, truly responsible and truly motivated to succeed as we do not want to micromanage you or your time
· Tinsley is a very small agency with a stellar reputation in the games industry, and you'll be working with some incredible games
· We value work/life balance as a core principal of who we are and how we treat our team
· 401k benefits, profit sharing and healthcare cost offsets available to full time employees
Tinsley-PR LLCWhy Work Here?
Video games, 401k, profit sharing, bonus healthcare cost offsets, flexible office/WFH schedule, small agency and did we mention video games?
BusinessView all jobs at Tinsley-PR LLC