Are you interested in joining a team in an environment that is fast paced, rewarding and truly values its team members? We will train you to be the best and help you move your career forward! Timpte is looking for a Tarp Seamstress at our Thunderstone location in Lincoln, NE. We’re looking for someone to perform quality alterations, modifications and construct boat tarps, and related products according to the Engineering specifications. Timpte wants our employees to create an investment in their future from growth within the array of advancement opportunities we offer.
As a Tarp Seamstress, you will construct tarps, using machines, other tools and related products. You will create, inspect and alter components, operate fabrication equipment as assigned, and perform preventative maintenance to keep tools and equipment in good working condition.
Timpte is celebrating 135 years in business and currently employs over 400 employees in 6 states across the Midwest. Timpte offers a competitive salary along with quarterly bonus for this position. Other popular benefits include personal time off, paid holidays, employee tuition reimbursement, 401k company match, medical, dental, and vision plans and much more. As a company that values our employees we offer company paid lunches for holidays, company picnic for our families to enjoy every year, holiday parties, and other events throughout the year.
· Positive, high energy and enthusiasm, with a strong commitment to exceeding company expectations
· Flexibility and openness to work on a variety of assignments
· Ability to learn quickly, make an immediate impact, and provide value added service
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills, displaying the ability to connect and build relationships with peers
· Team player with a strong desire to be an active, long-term participant in the growth of local business and the company overall
Desired Skills and Experiences
Skills, Knowledge, and Qualifications
· Ability to read and interpret blue prints, specifications, and trailer schedules.
· Knowledge to operate machines, hand tools, tape measures and other equipment.
· Ability to work with general supervision and make basic quality decisions.
· Ability to use a sewing machine.
· Prior manufacturing experience helpful.
Apply Online Today!
Council Bluffs, Iowa
North Mankato, Minnesota
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Timpte Inc. is committed to long term relationships with its employees and its customers as part of a partnership based on the highest quality product, good value and on-going product support. Timpte Inc. is proud of its over 125 year history of service to the transportation industry and is committed to continuing to be a leader in the industry through innovation, support and relationships.
As an employer, Timpte Inc. strives to be the best employer in each market where we have a facility. In David City, we have wide range of different job assignments and opportunities from manufacturing operations positions, to product and process engineering, quality and compliance management, materials acquisition, human resources administration, cost accounting, customer service, information technology and sales support functions. At our Sales and Service locations we have sales, sales support, replacement parts and trailer services functions. Timpte is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive employment package that includes vacation, holidays, health insurance, disability insurance, periodic merit wage reviews and opportunities for bonuses based on performance.