Director of Marketing
- Expired: February 03, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Reporting to the Chief Experience Officer (CXO), The Director of Marketing is responsible for improving the organization’s competitive position, consistent with its mission, within the markets served and within designated demographic targets; develops objectives, programs and promotions for marketing, public relations and community activities for the organization; plans, directs and coordinates the efforts of the marketing and business development team, toward the accomplishment of overall objectives; supplies advice and assistance to the organization.
Working closely with the Chief Experience Officer, Establishes and manages the financial institution’s brand identity both externally and internally - ensuring integration with culture through staff training and activities - while staying true to the strategic vision, mission, and values of the organization. Conduct appropriate research to measure and ensure delivery, including but not limited to Net Promoter Score, new account/loan survey, annual awareness/satisfaction survey.
Works with CXO and Senior Management Team to establish annual marketing goals and objectives. Develop annual strategic marketing plan and manage a marketing budget that is supportive and consistent with operational values and is designed to meet short and long-term marketing objectives.
Directs all advertising and promotions for products and services, ensuring brand consistency; develops advertising programs and collateral materials. Conducts regular analysis of current and future marketing tactics; provides program results to CXO and Senior Leadership Team and Board of Directors as applicable.
Devises strategies for continued e-commerce development, implementation, and any other emerging technology services. Oversees retail website and social media platforms.
Develops and oversees corporate communications; oversees organization's internal intranet
Leads the marketing and business development department: hires, reviews, schedules, trains, directs, and monitors the work of direct reports; conducts performance reviews; allocates resources to meet operational needs within the department; reviews and approves, denies, or modifies department recommendations for subordinates. Works with each direct report on the development and revision of Individual Development Plans.
Keeps abreast of banking, marketing, and consumer trends and develop marketing programs to address current trends; coordinates research and identifies target groups within membership as well as potential external markets.
Implements appropriate public relations strategies integrated with current marketing activities and provides oversight for external communications done by all employees. Facilitates and carries out financial institution’s community initiatives including Community Foundation Fund and Giving Committee. Coordinates community and other special events; monitors planning, schedules, and implementation as required for proper execution of each event. This includes the annual meeting and production of reports, facilities, and meeting logistics.
Responsible for initial compliance with statutes and regulations as it pertains to marketing with the ultimate responsibility for compliance resting with the compliance officer. Acts as primary custodian of all official marketing document and record retention.
- To achieve the organization’s planned market share, growth, assets, loans and other product/service objectives.
- Incorporate brand strategy into all projects.
- To provide direction and recommendations to management based on current research data, regarding market strategies and directions the organization should take.
- To provide informed, professional, and accurate service and support to all members and associates.
- To complete marketing and research projects as outlined in the operation plan for the year; to deliver planned results within budget.
- To utilize appropriate data that results in informed, data-driven decisions.
- To collaborate with all leaders across the organization to identify opportunities to better demonstrate value proposition, create relationship deepening opportunities and product integrations.
- To ensure personal growth and development goals are met. Maintaining knowledge of all relevant marketing areas.
- To hire, direct and motivate a highly qualified staff sufficient to meet the daily operational needs of the department. Develops marketing and business development staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
Knowledge and Skills
Experience: Eight to ten years of similar or related experience. Project leadership and people leadership experience required.
Education: College degree in marketing or equivalent field.
- Creative writing, knowledge of target marketing, data analytics and marketing research required.
- Must possess organizational, strategic, and analytical skills; must be able to coordinate a variety of projects.
- Must possess PC skills and be able to run spreadsheets, word processing, and publishing software as well as other general office equipment.
Timothy Jon & Associates
Get fresh Chief Marketing Officer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.