At our Tryon Peak facility near Columbus, North Carolina, we leverage the core competencies of the TimkenSteel business and bring value to the supply chain for our customers. Leveraging state-of-the-art cut-off equipment, we offer full-length bar and seamless mechanical tubing with precision-cutting capabilities, and primarily supply industrial and bearing manufacturing customers.
How do you make the cleanest steel and seamless mechanical tubing in the industry for more than 100 years? With an amazing team of people who share a strong set of core values, people who are passionate about leading and pushing the bounds of what's possible, and people who like to make a difference along the way. That's the TimkenSteel experience.
This position is responsible for all operations of floor production equipment, ensuring the accuracy and consistency of product are achieved to meet customer specifications and needs.
This position is responsible for but not limited to the following duties:
- Set-up and operate equipment in accordance with saw instructions and all other written documentation.
- Produce quality parts within customer specification, ensuring proper gauging requirements are met.
- Capable of completely operating all plant equipment including CNC and non-CNC band saws, cold saws, deburr units, etc.
- Ability to operate a forklift, side loader, and shipping/support equipment is preferred.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance and minor repairs to production equipment.
- Record physical production, inventory changes, and complete process control and product, quality documentation as required.
- Support plant continuous improvement programs.
- Operate safely within a team environment, including participation in team problem solving.
- Communicate effectively and support team philosophy.
- Demonstrate basic computer skills for data entry and RF scanning of material and production orders.
- Develop individual knowledge and skills to promote safety, quality, cost efficient operation, and customer responsiveness.
- Flexible to work any shift assignment and overtime as needed. May at times be required to run multiple machines as necessary.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- High School Diploma or GED with two years of experience in manufacturing machining.
- Previous operation of forklift and/or similar machinery.
- Continuous standing, walking, kneeling, stooping, reaching and manual manipulation of parts.
- Regularly lift and/or move 35 pounds and push/pull up to 75 pounds. With assistance of lift equipment, occasionally move parts in excess of 120 pounds in combination of sliding/rolling/lifting.
- Manufacturing work environment with moderate exposure to unusual elements such as wet and/or humid conditions. May include transportation and handling of product waste.
- Vision must be corrected distance acuity 20/40 better eye; corrected to near acuity 20/33 better eye.
- Hearing at a conversational level
- May operate forklift and similar machinery and equipment.
- Required to wear protective safety glasses, hearing protection, and safety shoes with metatarsals at all times.
Requisition ID: 14831