- $20 Hourly
Times Microwave Systems (TMS) is the leader in coaxial transmission line technology and production. We provide the broadest range of transmission line solutions for military, aerospace, wireless communications and industrial applications.
A job with us means you’ll work alongside extraordinary people. Our employees are the foundation of what makes Times Microwave a strong, ethical business.
We offer a total compensation package that includes a competitive base rate, starting at $19.85, overtime after 8 hours, overtime after 40 hours and on Saturdays, and double time! We offer consistent schedules, and guaranteed hours! Overtime is available!!!!
Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
We offer paid holidays and generous PTO for all full-time, eligible employees, in addition to flexible time off for personal needs or illness.
TMS employees receive discounts at retailers such as Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobil, Hertz, Avis, Dell & Samsung!
Health and Welfare
We understand you and your family’s health and wellness are among your top priorities. If you work for TMS full time, you will be offered comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance that suits your needs and budget, with costs shared between you and the Company; Additional insurance plans such as life, and disability are also offered, as well as an attractive 401(k) plan.
Health Savings Accounts
Times Microwave contributes annually to employee Health Savings Accounts.
Employee Assistance Program
Confidential, no-cost professional assistance and counseling services to help resolve issues that are affecting you personally or professionally – available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all required duties to maintain departmental braiding and related equipment in proper mechanical condition; maintain approved levels of repair parts and supplies following established practices.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance operations on all sizes of departmental braiding equipment and auxiliary winding units.
- Lubricate, make routine adjustments and perform other duties to assure continued operation.
- Work form instructions, operator requests and other authorizations to diagnose faulty operation resulting in incorrect braiding or continued stoppage.
- Make temporary repairs or replacements as possible to permit continued operation. Tear down machines, determine extent of trouble, repair damaged mechanisms or replace worn or defective parts; reassembly and adjust for proper operation.
- Use hand and small power tools to perform fitting, grinding, filing, scraping and other operations required in reassemble and adjustment of units.
- Make machine changeovers or alterations for special braiding requirements; setup machines as necessary to assure correct operation where machine modifications are involved.
- Maintain approved levels of repair parts and supplies for all braiding and related units.
- Initiate requests for resupply or special parts needed. Confer with supervision as to machining requirements or other outside assistance needed in special cases.
- Work involves a wide range of hand and bench operations requiring skill and a thorough knowledge of braiding equipment and related units to diagnose and remedy troubles quickly, and where the understanding of gearing, fits and adjustments is necessary to insure satisfactory performance on the job.
- Detect and report defective material, faulty operation and unusual conditions to proper supervision.
- Maintain work and storage areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow environmental, health and safety regulations.
- High School diploma or GED.
- 2 years relevant experience.
- Ability to comprehend parts/operator manuals/instructions.
- Solid troubleshooting ability.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran
Times Microwave SystemsWallingford, CT
ManufacturingView All Times Microwave Systems Jobs
Get fresh Braider Mechanic jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.