Posting Job Title: Office Administrator - Courageous, CNN
WarnerMedia Business: Turner
Posting Job Description: The Team
WarnerMedia has some of the most recognizable brands that continue to drive the social fabric of our world. From cutting-edge breaking news stories on CNN, up-to-the-minute sports coverage on Turner Sports & Bleacher Report, the characters we grew up loving on Cartoon Network to the shows we love today on TBS, TNT, and truTV. WarnerMedia continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. Including our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros that complete the WarnerMedia family, we tell the stories the world wants to hear.
Courageous Studios, CNN's Brand Content Studio, is looking for a New York City-based operations assistant to help our operations and production teams.
The ideal candidate will have an immense opportunity to help contribute to great branded content that distributes on an unparalleled scale. We produce relevant, branded content work that is of real interest to the CNN audience; a network available to more than 2 billion people in more than 200 countries and territories, spanning TV, Web, Social Media, Airports and Mobile Devices.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing operations support to ensure timely processing of all invoices and payments for a fast-paced branded content studio. This role is 40/hrs. a week on a temporary basis for three (3) months with possibility of extension.
- Communicates on-boarding instructions for/to all vendors
- Processing and troubleshooting all payments
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring status via internal systems; verifying vendor information; processing payments; resolving invoices, or payment discrepancies and documentation; issuing stop-payments or urgent payments, etc.
- Maintains accounting sheets
- Maintains historical payment and vendor records
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Updates processes dependent on organizational changes, legality and/or streamlining
- Supports Courageous Operations team on other administrative support and tasks as needed
- Familiar with work-for-hire categories such as: vendor, freelancer, and temporary employee
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Comfortable with working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and patience are highly valued
- Experience working in media/TV/film/commercial production a bonus but not required
- Intermediate to advance knowledge in Excel
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance or similar
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team