Posting Job Title: Manager, Business Strategy & Planning
WarnerMedia Division: DC Entertainment
Location: United States - California - Burbank
Posting Job Description: What part will you play?
DC Entertainment is currently seeking a Manager, Business Strategy & Planning for the Finance department. This individual will play a key strategic role in the organization and will be responsible for:
- Supporting the development and implementation of business strategies, operational changes and process improvement initiatives.
- Supporting DCE Executives to prioritize, develop and refresh key business strategies, such as Talent Strategy, Franchise Strategy, Young Reader Strategy, etc.
- Analyzing relevant data such as competitive information, industry trends, and historical performance to develop sound forecasts in support of plans.
- Developing business cases for strategic initiatives that include key assumptions, planned return on investment, risks and upside to plan, etc.
- Building and maintaining financial models to project the impact of strategic initiatives in support of the business case.
- Working with Sales to evaluate the financial impact of new partnership opportunities.
- Updating DCE's overall business plan as required.
- Supporting DCE Executives to identify high priority strategies, relevant stakeholders and responsible parties.
- Analyze impact of strategic plan on current operating models and workflows.
- Supporting the development of future state operating models and implementation plans to align with strategic initiatives including documentation of process flows and preparation of project plans to execute changes.
- Identifying resources, including systems requirements needed to build and maintain the strategies.
- Maintaining project plans, milestone metrics and timelines to implement new processes.
- Maintaining reports used to update stakeholders and DCE Executives on progress and any risks identified.
- Supporting DCE Executives to identify opportunities for business process improvement.
- Analyzing current state processes to ensure alignment with DCE's Strategic direction and identify areas for increased efficiencies.
- Developing business case, including financial impact of proposed process efficiencies.
- Supporting in the development of future state processes and plans to implement process change.
- Working with other WB departments on change proposals as necessary.
- Developing or improving financial projection models and processes (i.e., financial greenlight, by-title projections).
What do we require from you?
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field, MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in consulting, strategic planning, modeling and/or business process improvement.
- Experience with process and workflow studies as well as a wide range of business issues.
- Strong analytical and financial modeling capabilities.
- Entertainment and/or publishing industry experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Visio.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written including presentation skills.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
Requisition #: 171213BR
Position Type: Full Time
Area of Interest: Finance/Accounting, Strategic Planning/Analysis
WB Business Unit: DC Entertainment
Company Overview: DC Entertainment (DCE) is home to the iconic brands of DC Comics (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash and more), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables) and MAD. DCE drives the strategic