Business Development and Sales Manager
Position may work from a home office, but it is preferred the candidate be located within 5 hours of Sandpoint ID.
POSITION SUMMARY: Candidate will report to the Vice President and will provide operational support to capture and develop new business, and to expand existing contracts in a strategically defined manner. This position will lead the Proposal Team through proposal development, submittal, and contract award. This position will manage all customer supply chain “portals” and maintain a customer relationship management tool. This position will cooperatively interact with all internal organization leaders within THI to develop a strategically defined customer base in a selected market segment and performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintain strict compliance with THI policies and procedures related to Business Ethics and Code of Conduct, in addition to the specific procurement regulations established by the State and Federal Government.
Understand and maintain knowledge of all THI lines of business and strategic directions.
3. Support Aerospace, Paint, and all Operations in the preparation of Capture Plans detailing the win strategy, discriminators, price to win estimates, and action plans to be followed by the Capture Team.
4. Grow business with a target group of customers for THI operations and Aerospace.
5. Lead the procurement efforts to quote detailed staffing and equipment needs for inclusion into the Proposal.
6. Maintain an awareness of industry capabilities and recommend, where appropriate, business relationships such as teaming, strategic partnerships, joint ventures and/or subcontracting.
7. Assess and report competitor activities, capabilities, perceived strategies, and new developments.
8. Establish and maintain effective liaison/interface at various levels within the customer community, including Government agencies, industry primes and potential subcontractors.
9. Interface with the THI Leadership Team to promote cooperative new business pursuits.
10. Participates and advises on new business proposal efforts to ensure core competency, compliance with customer requirements and attainment of cost and budget objectives. Acts as a formal review team participant where appropriate.
11. Establishes and maintains current procurement timelines on potential and selected opportunities.
12. Recommends the use of consultants where appropriate and maintains regular interface on programs where employed.
13. Provide additional business development support as may be required in pursuit of company business objectives.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Require a minimum of 3 – 5 years of aviation or utility experience. Aerospace or Utility procurement experience preferred. Bachelor’s degree in a Business, Engineering, or Utility related field. MBA preferred. Utility or Transmission experience preferred.
2. Must have proven sales and account management success preferably in the Aviation or Utility construction.
3. Strong strategic business planning skills and be able to demonstrate the ability to close high value deals.
4. Ability to perform against budget forecast and successfully track business opportunities.
5. Must be able to manage stakeholders both internally and externally.
6. Ability to identify, build and execute growth opportunities.
7. Documented customer relationship skills with Utilities and customers.
8. Must continually be a professional representative of the THI Sales & Marketing team.
9. Computer skills including all Microsoft office products (Excel, Word, and Powerpoint) and aptitude to learn Salesforce.com or comparable CRM.
10. Ability to work in a high-profile position and have exceptional Customer Service skills.
11. Ability to maintain confidentiality, be detail oriented and able to work in a multitasked, fast-paced environment.
12. Able to work autonomously, setting priorities and executing to plan.
· Sales or supply chain experience within a public or private Utility.
· Experience with Utility maintenance and construction.
· Utility Engineering Experience.
· Aviation experience to include ground or air operations using external loads (14 CFR Part 133).
Physical Requirements: This position requires the ability to work in seated or standing positions for prolonged periods of time, perform office and clerical duties including use of office tools.
Working Environment: The working environment will be your home office, or at THI HQ, with occasional travel to construction sites and customer facilities.
Travel: Up to approximately 40% of the time, primarily between other customer sites, job sites, and THI facilities.