Underground Utility Laborer - Pipelayer
Timberline Construction Group, LLC. Dallas, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: Underground Utility Laborer - Pipelayer
Underground Utility Laborer duties will include general labor duties related to underground civil construction as directed by the Foreman/Supervisor.
- All phases of underground construction include but are not limited to: Loading, driving, delivery, digging, removal and placement of various types, sizes and weight of construction materials and equipment
- Hand dig using shovel, mechanical tools
- Install and maintenance of underground utility services
- Climb into and out of equipment (trucks, cars, backhoes, trenchers, etc.)
- Operate or work around heavy equipment and machinery
- Working in congested or remote areas
- Maintain visual and audible contact with other crewman and all moving or stationary persons/vehicles/objects to ensure safe coordination of movement
- Perform general construction work under direction of Foreman/Supervisor
- Flagging, property or worksite restoration
- Maintain safe working habits/conditions according to all regulations, procedures and policies
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Basic knowledge of and ability to hand tools and equipment in a safe manner
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, employees, etc.
- Regular and timely attendance is an essential function of this position
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License
- 6 months of experience in the utility construction industry
- Ability to read prints and interpret utility maps to identify the type and size of underground utilities
- Must be able to perform the above for at least 8 hours per day 5 days per week. May be required to work over-time; after hours; on weekends, for emergencies
- Duties outlined in this position will require the employee to stand, crouch, sit, bend, use hands and fingers to handle or feel as well as reaching with hands and arms to spaces both high and low. The employee will be standing, walking, climbing, balancing, crawling, crouching, lifting, holding or stooping while on shift.
- Ability to work while wearing safety boots, safety glasses and hardhat
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions which can include but is not limited to: extreme heat and cold temperatures; inclement weather such as wind, rain, snow, sleet and dust as well as adverse driving conditions including wet roads, icy roads, and fog
- Employees in this job classification may be exposed to dust, fumes or other airborne pathogens.
- Must be able to lift/carry 50 lbs regularly and up to 100 LBS as needed with or without assistance
Timberline has worked with FEMA, state agencies, international governments, the United Nations, IA-TAC III contractors, 8(a)’s, USACE, National Parks Service, United Way, and countless private entities to execute diverse types of construction projects.
Timberline Construction Group, LLC.Why Work Here?
Safety First. Rapid Response. Clear Communications. Excellent Quality. Great Attitude, and Unwavering Integrity
Timberline Construction Group is a dynamic, Alabama based business that provides services both within and outside the United States. We specialize in Civil Construction, Disaster Response Services, Commercial Construction, and Residential Construction and Affordable Community Housing Services. Widely acknowledged for our integrity and ability to complete complex projects, Timberline Construction Group is the company of choice for Federal and State Agencies and private clients Timberline has worked with FEMA, state agencies, international governments, the United Nations, IA-TAC III contractors, 8(a)’s, USACE, National Parks Service, United Way, and countless private entities to execute diverse types of construction projects.