Traveling Superintendent - Civil Construction
Timberline Construction Group, LLC. Birmingham, AL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: Traveling Superintendent - Civil Construction
- Site Development, 5 years (Required)
- Construction Management, 1 year (Required)
- Underground Utility Construction, 3 years (Required)
- Project management, 3 years (Required)
- Direct manager of Field Supervisors, construction crews, and subcontractor including, but not limited to, onboarding, training, discipline actions, terminations, payroll, performance management, etc.
- Has full understanding of site development and underground construction operations including; equipment used, labor skills, safe digging operations, OSHA requirements, etc.
- Communicates regularly with major customers; has presentation and problem-solving skills to be customer centric at all times
- Manages the ordering of supplies, equipment and materials for projects
- Creates and manages the project plans, schedules, objectives, procedures and performance standards within the boundaries of the companies mission, values and policies
- Adhere to and uphold safety culture on site, lead by example and develop the expected safety culture on each project
- Responsible for the financial health of project managing; cost and profit of an entire project
- Basic understanding of estimating and bidding projects
- Ability to create and provide required reports to upper management
- Communicates regularly with support staff including, but not limited to, Human Resource, Recruiting, Fleet, Accounting, etc.
- Ability to support a fast paced, demanding work schedule; schedule could include; early mornings, evenings, weekends, etc.
- Performs other position duties when requested
- Must be able to work in a variety of physical positions, like sitting, squatting, standing, walking and driving.
- Must endure regular exposure to all weather conditions, especially hot, humid and/or rainy spring, summer and fall weather, combined with regular work time indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- May be exposed to uncomfortable or distracting sounds or noise levels on sites of projects being managed or coordinated.
- Must wear common protective safety equipment, such as safety glasses
- 80% Travel Ability Nationwide
- A strong belief in 100% safety standard at all times
- Alignment with company mission, vision, and values
- A high level of customer centricity
- Strong work ethic
- Strong team player with the ability to adapt to diverse team members
- Ability to perform in a fast paced/high volume environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional Critical Thinking skills
- Detail Oriented- a high level of attention to detail is required
- A high level of time management, accountability, and prioritization skills
- Leadership skills- ability to lead a team of internal and subcontracting crews
- Self-motivated, goal- oriented, and driven to accomplish department goals
- Ability to be organized, problem solve, and be solution oriented
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
Experience and Education:
- 10+ Years’ experience in site development/underground utility construction required
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Valid Driver License required- CDL Preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
Timberline has worked with FEMA, state agencies, international governments, the United Nations, IA-TAC III contractors, 8(a)’s, USACE, National Parks Service, United Way, and countless private entities to execute diverse types of construction projects.
Timberline Construction Group, LLC.Why Work Here?
Safety First. Rapid Response. Clear Communications. Excellent Quality. Great Attitude, and Unwavering Integrity
Timberline Construction Group is a dynamic, Alabama based business that provides services both within and outside the United States. We specialize in Civil Construction, Disaster Response Services, Commercial Construction, and Residential Construction and Affordable Community Housing Services. Widely acknowledged for our integrity and ability to complete complex projects, Timberline Construction Group is the company of choice for Federal and State Agencies and private clients Timberline has worked with FEMA, state agencies, international governments, the United Nations, IA-TAC III contractors, 8(a)’s, USACE, National Parks Service, United Way, and countless private entities to execute diverse types of construction projects.