Timber Ridge at Talus Issaquah, WA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $26 to $28 Hourly
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental,
Are you an experienced Sous Chef who enjoys leading a kitchen team in creating culinary excellence? Are you interested in growing your career with a great team of co-workers? If this sounds like you, then we’d like to speak with you about joining Timber Ridge!
What you’ll do…
- Assist in creating, planning, costing, and executing menus, theme buffets, specials, and holiday menus. The ability to provide creative menu input (including different ethnic cuisines) is essential.
- Develop new recipes, including daily entrée specials that exceed resident expectations while maintaining budgeted food cost goals.
- Assist with food orders, production sheets, and related material.
- Ensure that each plate leaving the kitchen meets high presentation standards, is a quality product, and is adequately portioned.
- Provide staff and team with the skills and training to provide excellent customer service.
- Monitor trends in the industry and recommend appropriate actions.
- Inspect the daily set-up for all food production lines. Ensure accurate temperature control.
Who you are…
- Ability to understand and follow instructions in English, communicate effectively, and perform simple arithmetic. Ability to understand measurements and conversions.
- Excellent communication and team leadership skills, with a focus on problem-solving and mentoring to achieve department goals.
- Two to three years experience in a high-volume hotel, restaurant, or club with fine dining preferred.
- Culinary education and supervisory background are desirable.
- Ability to plan and organize work to interpret instructions, recipes, specifications, and standards. Knowledge of kitchen equipment operations and maintenance. Some knowledge of nutrition and diet. Health Care experience desirable.
Why Timber Ridge at Talus…
- Timber Ridge at Talus is an upscale, resort-style senior community nestled at the base of Cougar Mountain in Issaquah. With breathtaking views, our award-winning community is home to over 500 residents, located just five minutes from I-90 and about two miles from the Issaquah Transit Center.
A generous benefits package for eligible employees which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- HSA and FSA
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off and eight paid holidays
A few more things…
- Free Lyft rides if needed, to and from the Issaquah Transit Center.
- Free Underground parking.
- Free meals.
- Employee referral plan for a $300 bonus, per policy guidelines.
- Your personal and professional growth is important to us, so we provide continual professional training and career advancement opportunities.
- You will enjoy being part of a great team in a fun, engaging work environment!
Many roles in the community may require that we ask about your vaccination status. This could include MMR, chicken pox, hepatitis, flu and COVID-19 vaccine status. Please note that all employees are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or apply for and receive an approved exemption, as a condition of employment.
Check out our web site at www.timberridgelcs.com or visit us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/timberridgelcs/.
Timber Ridge at Talus celebrates diversity, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Timber Ridge at Talus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment of any kind. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Timber Ridge at TalusWhy Work Here?
Great benefits, opportunity for growth, and a team that cares about one another!
FoodView all jobs at Timber Ridge at Talus