Electrical Project Engineer
- Expired: April 20, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Electrical Project Engineer will work in a team of other talented Electrical Project Engineers in the design, development and support of electrical and automation systems used in the control of Timber Automation’s large lineup of forest products machinery.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Design and draft systems of electrical and controls for machines and equipment applying knowledge of electricity, electronics and automation hardware. Requires consistent exercise of discretion and judgement to design and develop machine controls hardware in conformance to customer specifications employing standard design practices, applicable codes and assessment of functional requirements. Create professional, custom electrical drawing sets for Electrical and Control Projects using AutoCAD Electrical or Mechanical software. Work closely with Controls and Mechanical Engineers, along with Startup Technicians to assist with the entire project lifecycle as necessary.
- Collaborate and consult closely with functional teams outside the Electrical Engineering group including Product Management, Sales, Mechanical Engineering, and Support
- Contribute and actively engage in the review and design of projects, including technical review and requirements analysis
- Work closely with the Chief Electrical Engineer and sometimes independently to ensure the project will meet design requirements for machine function
- Must be well organized and able to multitask
- Must be able to competently manage very fast paced, multi-project workload and meet dictated deadlines
- Must be able to conceptualize, specify and apply theory of operations to an equipment system
- Must be able to stay focused on detailed tasks for extended periods of time
- Able to adhere to established company processes and guidelines
- Results Driven.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Project Management.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Problem Solving/analysis.
- Teamwork Orientation.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While traveling the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Work on platforms at various heights.
Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, as the construction or mill schedule dictates. Overtime hours as needed. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires up to 70% travel
Education And Experience
- Experience with forest products machinery
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Mechanical or Electrical
- Ability to design hardware and systems to meet internal / external customer requirements
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM experience
- Thorough knowledge of appropriate regulations, specifications and codes (customer specifications, NFPA 70E, NFPA79, CE, UL, and OSHA)
B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Engineering and design of custom automated equipment in an OEM environment.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
This position requires a pre-employment background and drug test.
Timber Automation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner status, gender (including sex stereotyping), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer-related or HIV/AIDS related), or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. In addition, Timber Automation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the organization has facilities. Timber Automation takes allegations of discrimination, harassment and retaliation very seriously and will promptly conduct an investigation when warranted. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressHot Springs, AR
ManufacturingView all jobs at Timber Automation