As a Store Manager, you will lead a team of Associates and Managers to consistently deliver an amazing Tillys Experience to every Customer. You will be responsible for all aspects of running a Store, including managing the Store Team and overseeing all Store operations to achieve Company goals and objectives. Are you a dedicated leader with a proven ability to create a fun, upbeat environment where productivity meets Customer focus? Do you have what it takes to recruit, hire, train, develop and motivate a Team? Then we want to hear from you!
The following is a brief description of responsibilities to be performed by the Store Manager.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates an outstanding sales and customer service environment.
- Implements strategies and initiatives to achieve and exceed business goals.
- Strives for sales excellence and results; ensures selling standards are met.
- Sets and evaluates weekly and monthly goals for staff.
- Works with customers and models excellent customer service and floor supervision skills.
- Assesses store morale, monitors and praises positive Associate performance, resolves and documents performance issues promptly.
- Assigns and ensures the execution of the Division of Responsibilities amongst the Management team.
- Demonstrates and ensures the proper understanding and execution of the Sales Driver Program.
- Effectively manages customer complaints.
- Networks in industry to recruit and hire high quality Management and sales-oriented Associates.
- Ensures adequate staff is available to meet business needs= schedules accordingly.
- Creates a constructive environment that is fair, consistent, open to feedback, and encourages individuals to remain with the Company.
- Follows Company criteria for properly hiring, training, coaching, and promoting Management and Associates.
- Documents Management and Associates performance on a consistent basis.
- Ensures Management and Associates are trained on product knowledge, selling skills, customer service and operations.
- Creates enthusiasm and excitement within the store to motivate high performance teams.
- Administers Action Plans to Management and Associates to develop skills and promote growth.
- Ensures management and associates are knowledgeable and understand essential Company policy and procedures.
- Recommends promotions and salary increases for Management and Associates based on performance reviews.
- Consistently ensures execution deadlines are met by Management and Associates.
- Adheres to Store Payroll Hours Chart and ensures management compliance.
- Controls Company assets (i.e. key control, loss prevention measures, inventory and Company standards of conduct)
- Strives for 100% accuracy and compliance in cash, inventory, fixtures and property.
- Maintains a fair, honest, and non-hostile work environment.
- Prevents loss of company assets.
- Prevents unauthorized access (i.e. controls access to backrooms and ensures security of store keys).
- Ensures compliance with all loss prevention policies and procedures.
- Develops and maintains a partnership with loss prevention personnel to assist in shrinkage reduction endeavors.
- Ensures the completion of visual planograms, promotional directives, and visual merchandising updates.
- Supervises the overall cleanliness and organization of the sales floor and backroom.
- Ensures store appearance and atmosphere supports and reinforces the brand image.
- Understands, supports, and complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Conducts store meetings.
- Attends district/company meetings.
- Handles other duties as assigned by the District Manager.
- Strong observation skills- identifying and assessing customer and employee behavior, reactions, floor awareness, etc.
- Ability to retain and utilize data (i.e. names, merchandise, information, policies and procedures).
- Ability to take the necessary initiative to handle situations effectively and in a timely manner.
- Ability to accept criticism and direction from all levels of the organization and handle it appropriately.
- Adhere to company guidelines of dependability, including attendance requirements.
- Presents self well which includes appropriate dress, cleanliness and appropriate verbal communication.
- Knowledge of current fashion trends and style.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Minimum of 2 years in retail store management experience preferred.
- Basic math skills.
- Microsoft Office experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Proficient in English.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit, stand, and operate business equipment.
- Standing, walking, bending, squatting and/or twisting
- Simple grasping, pushing, lifting and/or carrying items of 3-15 pounds
- Reaching above or below shoulder level
- Climbing ladders 6-12 feet
- Exposed to music played at an intermediate level
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Typical office environment with low level noise exposure.
- Retail Store environment.
“Tillys will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, Chapter XVIII, Article 9 (Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box).”