- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a Store Manager, you will lead a team of Associates and Managers to consistently deliver an amazing Tillys Experience to every Customer. You will be responsible for all aspects of running a Store, including managing the Store Team and overseeing all Store operations to achieve Company goals and objectives. Are you a dedicated leader with a proven ability to create a fun, upbeat environment where productivity meets Customer focus? Do you have what it takes to recruit, hire, train, develop and motivate a Team? Then we want to hear from you!
The following is a brief description of responsibilities to be performed by the Store Manager. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates an outstanding sales and customer service environment.
- Implements strategies and initiatives to achieve and exceed business goals.
- Strives for sales excellence and results; ensures selling standards are met.
- Sets and evaluates weekly and monthly goals for staff.
- Works with customers and models excellent customer service and floor supervision skills.
- Assesses store morale, monitors and praises positive Associate performance, resolves and documents performance issues promptly.
- Assigns and ensures the execution of the Division of Responsibilities amongst the Management team.
- Demonstrates and ensures the proper understanding and execution of the Sales Driver Program.
- Effectively manages customer complaints.
- Networks in industry to recruit and hire high quality Management and sales-oriented Associates.
- Ensures adequate staff is available to meet business needs= schedules accordingly.
- Creates a constructive environment that is fair, consistent, open to feedback, and encourages individuals to remain with the Company.
- Follows Company criteria for properly hiring, training, coaching, and promoting Management and Associates.
- Documents Management and Associates performance on a consistent basis.
- Ensures Management and Associates are trained on product knowledge, selling skills, customer service and operations.
- Creates enthusiasm and excitement within the store to motivate high performance teams.
- Administers Action Plans to Management and Associates to develop skills and promote growth.
- Ensures management and associates are knowledgeable and understand essential Company policy and procedures.
- Recommends promotions and salary increases for Management and Associates based on performance reviews.
- Consistently ensures execution deadlines are met by Management and Associates.
- Adheres to Store Payroll Hours Chart and ensures management compliance.
- Controls Company assets (i.e. key control, loss prevention measures, inventory and Company standards of conduct)
- Strives for 100% accuracy and compliance in cash, inventory, fixtures and property.
- Maintains a fair, honest, and non-hostile work environment.
- Prevents loss of company assets.
- Prevents unauthorized access (i.e. controls access to backrooms and ensures security of store keys).
- Ensures compliance with all loss prevention policies and procedures.
- Develops and maintains a partnership with loss prevention personnel to assist in shrinkage reduction endeavors.
- Ensures the completion of visual planograms, promotional directives, and visual merchandising updates.
- Supervises the overall cleanliness and organization of the sales floor and backroom.
- Ensures store appearance and atmosphere supports and reinforces the brand image.
- Understands, supports, and complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Conducts store meetings.
- Attends district/company meetings.
- Handles other duties as assigned by the District Manager.
- Strong observation skills- identifying and assessing customer and employee behavior, reactions, floor awareness, etc.
- Ability to retain and utilize data (i.e. names, merchandise, information, policies and procedures).
- Ability to take the necessary initiative to handle situations effectively and in a timely manner.
- Ability to accept criticism and direction from all levels of the organization and handle it appropriately.
- Adhere to company guidelines of dependability, including attendance requirements.
- Presents self well which includes appropriate dress, cleanliness and appropriate verbal communication.
- Knowledge of current fashion trends and style.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Minimum of 2 years in retail store management experience preferred.
- Basic math skills.
- Microsoft Office experience preferred.
“Tillys will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, Chapter XVIII, Article 9 (Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box).