The following is a brief description of responsibilities to be performed by the Inventory Accountant. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the general ledger and monthly financial close process through preparation of month-end journal entries and account reconciliations related to inventory and cost of goods sold accounts.
- Coordinate and oversee execution of physical inventory and cycle counts in retail locations.
- Monitor and report on inventory, shrink, as well as, ad-hoc analysis, and other inventory/shrink related projects.
- Reconcile/analyze inventory on-hand and physical inventory counts within all retail locations.
- Collaborate with Retail Operations, Buying, Planning, Allocations, Loss Prevention, IT, Finance and Distribution Center personnel to perform research and problem solve.
- Review and initiate Return to Vendor requests.
- Review Markup Price Changes for accuracy
- Review vendor allowances for proper approval, classification and accounting treatment.
- Proactively manage inventory receipts in retail locations.
- Daily support to stores through monitoring and resolution of tickets submitted to Inventory Control.
- Participation with user acceptance testing of new programs and systems.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Knowledge of retail inventory accounting and shrink principles.
- Working knowledge of corporate retail environment.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge
- Ability to remain flexible, multitask, re-prioritize, and respond to changing demands.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Evaluate current methods and suggest alternatives and/or improvements when applicable.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and management and respond in a timely manner.
- Ability to define problems, research and collect data, establish facts and use basic problem solving skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Office Applications
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with 1-2 years related work experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Proficient in English
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit, stand, and operate business equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Typical office environment with low level noise exposure.
“Tillys will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, Chapter XVIII, Article 9 (Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box).”
TillysTillys is a leading specialty retailer of casual apparel, footwear and accessories for young men, young women, boys and girls with an extensive assortment of iconic global, emerging, and proprietary brands rooted in an active and social lifestyle. Tillys is headquartered in Irvine, California and currently operates 225+ total stores, including three RSQ pop-up stores, across 30+ states.