The following is a brief description of responsibilities to be performed by the Graphic Designer. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create visual branded materials relating to Tillys retail stores, tillys.com and Tillys catalog.
- Responsible for producing art work request for all in-store signs, seasonal campaigns, and catalog design.
- Create marketing flyers for various schools, magazines, and newspapers.
- Design event marketing promotions.
- Assist with any other special projects.
- Illustrates marketing concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Creates finished copy and art, using design software programs, printing, mock ups as needed
- Creates files for print production
- Uses knowledge of current graphic design software to produce graphic art and visual materials for promotions, branded advertisements, packaging, and informative and instructional material through a variety of media outlets.
- Develops innovative ideas and concepts.
- Remains abreast of technological advances in the field and is able to identify areas of use in the organization.
To perform this job function successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Detail-Oriented and able to meet deadlines in a fast work environment
- Ability to follow direction receive constructive criticism and execute accordingly
- Must be an expert in; Mac, Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Ability to retouch images a plus
- Outstanding creative design skills. Strong creative ability.
- Outstanding technical skills/ability to troubleshoot
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 1 year minimum of Graphic Design experience
- Degree in Graphic Design Preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Proficient in English
- Strong ability to exercise sound judgment and find effective solutions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit, stand, and operate business equipment.
- Significant walking and climbing of stairs.
- Some bending/lifting (to 25lbs) required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Typical office environment with low level noise exposure.
“Tillys will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, Chapter XVIII, Article 9 (Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box).”