Visitor Center Cashier (Part-Time)
Come join the Tillamook Team where our philosophy is “Dairy Done Right.” As an independent farmer-owned cooperative, we have been guided by good, honest values since 1909. We believe in putting quality over profit, natural over artificial, and that hard work can never be outsmarted. We’re taking a stand for real food because everyone deserves better.
What does real food mean to you? Is your favorite dish a cheesy casserole? Perhaps a decadent and indulgent ice cream? Either way, your identification with food is important to us. People who fit well here at Tillamook have a commitment to quality in everything they do. Our team members understand our vision, contribute to our mission, thrive on innovative thinking, hard work and good, honest values.
Our team members understand our vision, contribute to our mission, thrive on innovative thinking, hard work and good, honest values. We live by these shared values: We are Good Stewards, We believe in Uncompromising Quality, We work as One Team, We Play to Win, and We Genuinely Care for each other.
What you will do:
You will work alongside our experienced team members to provide excellent guest service to the one million guests that visit us annually. The VC Sales associate works in the gift shop, grocery, sample counter, or fudge counter to assist guests.
Here’s a day in the life:
- Perform cashiering operations and functions; providing accurate, efficient and friendly customer service whether in the gift shop or at the cashier island. Accurately manage cash drawer assigned daily and work with the security of funds in mind.
- Perform opening or closing procedures as assigned.
- Assist customers on the sales floor by answering questions, locating product/merchandise, and actively suggestive selling.
- Stock and fill shelves with merchandise, including beverages, confections, cheese, souvenirs and gift items, depending on the day’s assignment.
- Straighten and clean all merchandise displays and counter areas. Retrieve merchandise and/or boxes from various stockrooms for gift shop customers.
- Work at fudge counter when assigned; making fudge, cutting pieces to order, weighing and boxing for sale.
- Assist Lead with register closing and reconciliation duties on occasion when proper training has been received.
- Provides friendly and accurate customer service by assisting customers with questions, special request orders, selections, and other general help.
Skills you’ll need:
A high school diploma or GED is preferred.
1+ years of customer experience preferred
1+ years of previous cash handling experience preferred
Must obtain Food Handler's Card within 30 days of hire.
Read, write, speak and understand English.
Ability to follow written or verbal instructions.
Ability to perform basic arithmetic.
Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs on a regular basis.
Must be able to stand/walk for full shift.
Must be able to work various shifts including weekends and holidays.
Industry-leading benefit and reward programs:
We offer outstanding benefits to our employees. For more information, please visit the careers page: www.tillamook.com/careers.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture and inclusive conditions where all employees are heard, valued and feel a sense of belonging. We rely on different perspectives, thoughts, backgrounds, and cultures to inform our work, to help us be better as a brand and as an employer and to fuel our success. We are seeking talent from a wide range of diversity, perspectives, and backgrounds to join our exceptional organization and help us build our future.
Tillamook County Creamery Association (TCCA) is a Drug-Free Workplace. EEO/AA