PDX Market Food Service Associate
Come join the Tillamook Team where our philosophy is “Dairy Done Right.” As an independent farmer-owned cooperative, we have been guided by good, honest values since 1909. We believe in putting quality over profit, natural over artificial, and that hard work can never be outsmarted. We’re taking a stand for real food because everyone deserves better.
What does real food mean to you? Is your favorite dish a cheesy casserole? Perhaps a decadent and indulgent ice cream? Either way, your identification with food is important to us. People who fit well here at Tillamook commit to quality in everything they do. Our team members understand our vision, contribute to our mission, thrive on innovative thinking, hard work, and good, honest values.
Our team members understand our vision, contribute to our mission, thrive on innovative thinking, hard work, and good, honest values. We live by these shared values: We are Good Stewards, we believe in Uncompromising Quality, We work as One Team, We Play to Win, and We Genuinely Care for each other.
What you will do:
The PDX Market Food Service Associate contributes to the successful day-to-day operations with world-class guest experience and providing a safe and respectful environment for guests and employees alike. This position connects the Tillamook brand and guests together through outstanding customer service, knowledge of all food and beverage products, completing sales transactions, and maintaining business operations. The PDX Market FOH/Food Service will report directly to the PDX Market Management Team and will be responsible food service stations, maintaining store cleanliness, proper cash handling procedures, stocking, and adhering to all food and sanitary guidelines, as well as all other responsibilities directed by the management team.
Here’s a day in the life:
- Greet all guests that enter the store. Create a genuine guest experience through a high level of attention and service. Possess strong customer service skills.
- Take guests’ orders, projecting a pleasant and professional manner.
- Work with a team to provide the highest level of hospitality.
- Assist customers on the market floor by locating product/merchandise and actively suggestive selling.
- Serve customers by taking orders and/or completing transactions on the POS system.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on all menu items and products to answer customer questions, provide information, and resolve all inquiries.
- Scoop and serve ice cream following portion and quality standards.
- Maintain knowledge of current market promotions, trends, and store inventory.
- Keep floors clean and free of debris. Clean and maintain beverage station, order counter, sample area, and merchandise island. Keep the work area sanitary.
- Clean all shelving, refrigerated self-serve areas, and service areas behind counters daily. Maintain a high level of cleanliness and organization in the market at all times.
- Perform Opening/closing procedures scheduled for that shift.
- Stock set-up areas behind counters daily and replenish supplies as needed.
- Stock and fill shelves with merchandise, including beverages, confections, cheese, souvenirs, and gift items.
- Assist in maintaining store visual objectives, housekeeping standards, and floor replenishment.
- Support the kitchen with prep, set up, stocking, and any other chores needed in preparing customer’s orders and/or grab-n-go’s.
- Uphold the integrity of the food and beverage program with brand standards, techniques, and adhering to local and state law.
- Help with the retrieval of ice cream orders from freezer storage.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, supervisors, guests, and airport personnel.
- Assist manager and lead with various duties when proper training has been received.
- Act as a team player and be able to interact with staff at all levels of the company.
- Demonstrate excellent time-management skills with the ability to work independently with little supervision.
Education and Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Food Handler’s Card certification
- Alcohol Servers Permit required
- 3 years cafe, retail, and/or food service experience
- Physical requirements: Long periods of standing, walking and lifting 25#
- Possess the ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated intermediate computer literacy with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel, SharePoint, and POS systems
- Must be able to pass a 10-year background check for airport security clearance
- Must be able to acquire SIDA Badge for Port of Portland/PDX Airport
- ServSafe Certification optional
- Open and flexible availability
Industry-leading benefit and reward programs:
We offer outstanding benefits to our employees. For more information, please visit the careers page: www.tillamook.com/careers.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture and inclusive conditions where all employees are heard, valued, and feel a sense of belonging. We rely on different perspectives, thoughts, backgrounds, and cultures to inform our work, to help us be better as a brand and as an employer and to fuel our success. We are seeking talent from a wide range of diversity, perspectives, and backgrounds to join our exceptional organization and help us build our future.
Tillamook County Creamery Association (TCCA) is a Drug-Free Workplace. EEO/AA
Tillamook County Creamery Association