Manager of Government Affairs
Come join the Tillamook Team where our philosophy is “Dairy Done Right.” As an independent farmer-owned cooperative, we have been guided by good, honest values since 1909. We believe in putting quality over profit, natural over artificial, and that hard work can never be outsmarted. We’re taking a stand for real food, because everyone deserves better.
What does real food mean to you? Is your favorite dish a cheesy casserole? Perhaps a decadent and indulgent ice cream? Either way, your identification with food is important to us. People who fit well here at Tillamook have a commitment to quality in everything they do. Our team members understand our vision, contribute to our mission, thrive on innovative thinking, hard work and good, honest values.
Our team members understand our vision, contribute to our mission, thrive on innovative thinking, hard work and good, honest values. We live by these shared values: We are Good Stewards, We believe in Uncompromising Quality, We work as One Team, We Play to Win, and We Genuinely Care for each other.
What you will do:
The Manager of Government Affairs coordinates and supports TCCA’s governmental relationships and advocacy efforts. The position focuses on productively managing the impacts of legislative and regulatory bodies on TCCA’s business aspirations. It also leads a number of other external relations efforts.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Actively track and report on local, state and federal legislation impactful to TCCA, its farmer-owners and the Dairy industry.
- Coordinate, schedule and support the advocacy activities of TCCA’s CEO, EVP of Stewardship, Board Members and other executives.
- Coordinate the joint activity of TCCA and its lobbyists, trade associations and other partners.
- Arrange, coordinate and provide relevant briefings for government advocacy related meetings in Tillamook, Boardman, Portland, Salem, Washington (DC) or any other relevant site.
- Responsible for the, prioritization, and coordination all public affairs activities to ensure increased coordination, engagement, and enhanced reputation for TCCA.
- Develop briefings for TCCA stakeholders. Coordinate the development of policy positions. Provide internal expertise on legislative and regulatory bodies.
- Coordinate, manage and recommend other external relations efforts.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s in Government or equivalently relevant degree highly preferred.
- Legislative experience.
- Broad and deep knowledge of State of Oregon government, its procedures and its players.
- Demonstrated knowledge of government affairs and issue advocacy.
- Demonstrated effective and/or persuasive verbal and written communications.
- Ability to gain credibility and influence a wide range of stakeholders, most especially TCCA’s farmer-owners.
- Dairy Industry or other agricultural experience.
- Broad and deep knowledge of federal government, its procedures and its players.
- Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executive projects from conception through implementation.
- Strong self-motivation, ability to plan time/priorities and anticipation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to assess and analyze problems to develop strategies, projects and solutions.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
Industry leading benefit and reward programs:
We offer outstanding benefits to our employees. For more information, please visit the careers page: www.tillamook.com/careers.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture and inclusive conditions where all employees are heard, valued and feel a sense of belonging. We rely on different perspectives, thoughts, backgrounds and cultures to inform our work, to help us be better as a brand and as an employer and to fuel our success. We are seeking talent from a wide range of diversity, perspectives and backgrounds to join our exceptional organization and help us build our future.
Tillamook County Creamery Association (TCCA) is a Drug-Free Workplace. EEO/AA
Director of S