Director, Tillamook Creamery Experience
Come join the Tillamook Team where our philosophy is “Dairy Done Right.” As an independent farmer-owned cooperative, we have been guided by good, honest values since 1909. We believe in putting quality over profit, natural over artificial, and that hard work can never be outsmarted. We’re taking a stand for real food because everyone deserves better.
What does an amazing brand experience mean to you? Do you remember the first time you experienced Tillamook extra-sharp cheddar? Do you remember where you were when you first got to experience Tillamook ice cream? If you are passionate about a brand that offers the highest quality premium experience with food lovers everywhere, this opportunity may be right for you.
Our team members understand our vision, contribute to our mission, and thrive on innovative thinking, hard work, and good, honest values. We live by these shared values: We are Good Stewards, We believe in Uncompromising Quality, We work as One Team, We Play to Win, and We Genuinely Care for each other.
Overview of the role:
The Director of Brand Experience is responsible for deepening brand connection with our consumers and driving profitable growth in our state-of-the-art tourist attraction located in Tillamook, OR, and at our start-up Restaurant-Retail location opening at the Portland Airport in June of 2020. The Director oversees food service, retail and guest experiences in a business that receives over 2.5 million visitors per year across the two locations.
The ideal candidate is an experienced, creative and communicative leader who thrives in an organic, entrepreneurial, growth-oriented culture.
Aligning with the organization’s values, this role will be tasked with the continued development and creation of the Creamery’s employee team, focusing on great, lasting experiences with our guests.
Here’s a day in the life:
- Direct the start-up of the new PDX location, including menu-development, team build-out, guest experience, and operating model.
- Provide strategic direction and leadership for your leadership team comprised of food service, culinary, retail, and guest experience management.
- In partnership with Marketing, create a fun and memorable Creamery experience that enhances the Tillamook brand.
- Develop and maintain policies, procedures, and tools that foster superior customer service.
- Develop recommendations for profitable growth in all areas of the business.
- Ensure managers and associates are trained in executing and maintaining visual standards and understanding the impact on sales and profit.
- Manage financial performance through the oversite of key performance indicators.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, retail management or related field
- 10+ years of retail, tourism or hospitality experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years people management experience, focusing on strategic growth and development
- Experience in opening a new store or restaurant.
- 3+ years of experience with Retail Inventory POS Computer System preferred.
- Background in creating and managing a strong premium brand experience
- Demonstrate excellent time-management skills with the ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership skills with the ability to manage, direct, coach, and advise managers and supervisors.
- Exhibits ethical and moral behavior in everyday business conduct.
- Experience with seasonal business
Industry-leading benefit and reward programs:
We offer outstanding benefits to our employees. For more information, please visit the careers page: www.tillamook.com/careers.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture and inclusive conditions where all employees are heard, valued and feel a sense of belonging. We rely on different perspectives, thoughts, backgrounds, and cultures to inform our work, to help us be better as a brand and as an employer and to fuel our success. We are seeking talent from a wide range of diversity, perspectives, and backgrounds to join our exceptional organization and help us build our future.
Tillamook County Creamery Association (TCCA) is a Drug-Free Workplace. EEO/A