Commercial Construction Project Manager
Tillage Construction Baton Rouge, LA
- Posted: 26 days ago
- Benefits: medical,
- Responsible for all phases of a construction project. Designs and implements project plans. Communicates directly with subcontractors/designers concerning project cost, staffing and scheduling. Prepares project status reports and works to ensure plans adhere to contract specifications. Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility. Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments.
- Strong and relevant experience in all areas of COMMERCIAL construction
- Proven working experience in construction management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Expert Knowledge of Estimating and Scheduling.
- Previous experience in Construction Operations
- Proven ability to build relationships and negotiate with vendors and subcontractors to maximize service.
- Ability to motivate employees to meet goals, deadlines and targets regardless of operational setbacks.
- Proven track record of continuous systems improvements.
- Ability to stay within construction budgets and to continually meet or beat monthly targets.
- Familiarity with construction management software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite of products (Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving, quickly expanding environment.
- Ability to self-start. Can set personal goals and can problem-solve without being micro-managed and told what to do.
- Ability to interpret architectural and engineering blueprints. Has a solid understanding of general engineering best practices
- Ability to own the estimating or project management duties if needed.
- Familiar with Federal Government, IDIQ’s and Retail Markets.
- Previous experience with Government Proposals.
- BS degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field
Description of Duties
- Monitor daily projects through reports from the Assistant Project Managers/Site Superintendents Ensure that the both have sufficient resources, planning and prioritization to complete projects on time and within budget.
- Lead & Direct Conceptual Estimates, Budgeting, Feasibility Analysis, Project Estimates and other budget exercises with clients and design teams.
- Manage subcontractor performance.
- Direct and monitor project staff and subcontractors to perform and complete work on schedule and in compliance with contract documents, project schedule and budget.
- Oversee, assist in, and monitor the development of weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual objectives with the owner.
- Develop and implement programs that help reduce costs in the organization.
- Identify deviations from schedule and contract documents and implement corrective measures to maintain schedule and budget.
· Represent the Company in project meetings, meetings with authorities having
Jurisdiction over the project, and other meetings necessary for project completion.
- Monitor and employ best practice to drive profitability
Always communicate externally and internally in a clear, effective manner
AddressBaton Rouge, LA
ConstructionView all jobs at Tillage Construction