We are a small, innovative, WASC accredited middle and high school with campuses in Albany and Walnut Creek. We offer U.C. approved courses one-to-one and in small groups. Our students cover the full range, from students who want to accelerate, to students who need to go at a slower pace for a variety of reasons. Our teachers enjoy working here and the work environment. Teachers who do best at Tilden have the combination of subject-matter expertise in their area, enjoy working with teens, and are able to teach to a range of learning styles. If you join our faculty, you will be joining a group of vibrant, capable and very caring people. We offer benefits including health insurance, paid sick leave, and paid staff development hours.
We need a part-time teacher for our Albany campus with the following subject matter expertise for our fall session beginning on 8/20/19:
2) The ability to teach other subjects is a major plus to have the opportunity for a full schedule
Minimum requirements for this job:
1) Bachelor's Degree, teaching credential is not required
2) Teaching/tutoring experience is preferred
3) Enthusiasm and positive spirit, and must enjoy teenagers
If you are interested in this job, please include the following as part of your application:
- Resume, including references
- Cover letter briefly describing your qualifications for this position, your available hours to teach, and also specify the subject areas you feel comfortable teaching at a high school level.
- Please list the subjects you teach in the Subject Heading of your email.
- Please provide the names and email addresses of three professional references.