Technical Writer-Proposal Administrator
Tikigaq Corporation Anchorage, AK
- Expired: June 25, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
The following duties are intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities and ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES: Lead the Technical Writing and Proposal Administration of assigned proposals. Have experience in proposal development, coordination, and production activities. This role requires a deep understanding and a successful track record of how to effectively develop and write large-scale (up to $50M+) winning proposals for Commercial and Federal Government (DoD and Civilian) Contracting Opportunities. These opportunities include but are not limited to open competitive bids, sole source RFP/Q responses, IDIQ/BIC Prime Vehicle bids, contract vehicle task orders, RFI or market survey responses and participation as a subcontractor for other prime bids where Tikigaq Companies’ are a Teammate. This role also requires experience in proposal team development and management of all involved employees and teaming partners in the proposal preparation, color team review and post submission tasks following the Shipley Methodology. Candidate would also manage the proposal management and tracking on SharePoint. Superior writing and editing ability; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Photo Shop; excellent organizational skills; and the ability to manage multiple tasks with strict deadlines.
- Reads the RFP, analyzes requirements, and interprets the technical information required to prepare a compliant response.
- Follows the Proposal Manager's Annotated Outline and further outlines assigned section(s) in compliance with the RFP.
- Develops source material and writes original, persuasive, and compelling text while using clear and precise terms.
- Participates in developing technical and management strategic messaging to meet proposal requirements.
- Collaborates with other professionals (proposal managers, capture managers, functional leads, engineering, technical staff, SMEs, etc.) to capture information for developing win themes and differentiators for clearly articulating a winning strategy and compelling solutions.
- Conducts research on RFP technical/functional areas to gain better understanding of the work scope to be addressed and written about.
- Interviews SMEs and translates content into distinct and compliant proposal writing.
- Plans and prepares the technical data for major publication projects including proposals, contract deliverables, reports, etc. if required.
- Ensures adherence to specifications and that writing is compliant with proposal instructions and criteria.
- Formulates graphics and works with graphic illustrators for developing charts and visuals.
- Provides guidance and direction in the areas of quality, graphics, coverage, format and style.
- Reviews proposal document for content completeness, accuracy, appropriate language, organization, visual design, and usability.
- Ensures the document is mechanically correct and stylistically consistent.
- Integrates review comments from multiple sources into the proposal ensuring page count and consistency throughout.
- Follows specified capture and proposal processes and procedures.
- Works in a time-sensitive environment and meets all deadlines.
- Technically challenge internal proposal supporters to enhance our deliverables by seeking specifics and quantitative results.
- Maintain an archive of historical products for reference and re-use.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience managing and writing small to large-scale strategic proposals to primarily Federal Government agencies, both independently and as part of a proposal team.
- Ability to lead in the technical approach writing process, ensuring that the solution coincides with the win themes and market research.
- Accomplished writer with in-depth experience creating proposal-related documents, i.e. compliance matrixes, win themes, proposal outlines, schedules, proposal related questions, storyboards, color review documents, final proposal documents, and oral presentation materials.
- Authoring content and performing general Technical Writer tasks to develop content in conjunction with technical subject matter experts.
- Coordinating, leading and tracking technical document reviews, both unaccompanied and with the Director of Business Development and the Tikigaq team.
- Superior communication and facilitation skills, with the proven ability to communicate to and manage deliverables from a diverse team of subconsultant and internal technical and management personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to follow structured, repeatable proposal processes.
- Understanding of the Government source selection process.
- Ability to manage quick turn-around task order responses for existing IDIQ contracts.
- Possess the ability to alter priorities and adjust duties and assignments with minimal disruption.
- Knowledge and experience with SharePoint configured for Proposal Development.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite to include, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Photo Shop/Graphic Design.
- Knowledge of business English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Knowledge of SBA 8(a) and socio-economic programs.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATION
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATION
MINIMUM LICENSURE QUALIFICATION
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
BusinessView all jobs at Tikigaq Corporation