HVAC Mechanic - Franconia
Tigua Inc Springfield, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Summary: Performs installations, schedules and un-schedules maintenance and repair of all equipment and systems of the GSA Distribution Warehouse in Springfield, VA
Duties and Responsibilities:
- All boilers, their accessories & appurtenances
- All fired and unfired pressure vessels and vacuum systems
- All refrigeration and air conditioning machinery and their associated equipment, including maintenance and repair of cold storage spaces
- All plumbing and piping including water, gas, heating, steam, sanitation, and fire sprinkler systems
- All electrical equipment, circuits, conduit, wiring, cabling, devices, lamping, appliances, and fixtures including power and lighting
- All machinery and equipment used in the production of and/or for the health and comfort of the Employer’s business and personnel
- All equipment and building systems or structural components covered under the terms of the Employer’s contract for the operation and maintenance of the GSA Distribution Warehouse in Springfield, VA
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to read, interpret, and explain blueprints, schematics and manufacturer's instruction.
- Must possess basic computer, good communication skills, electrical knowledge with great trouble shooting skills, and plumbing knowledge.
- Knowledgeable of theory related to HVAC Systems, heating and chilled water pumps including repairs, controls and pneumatic controls for capability of planning, scheduling, and inspecting work, to include electronic circuitry, pneumatic and electronic control systems.
- Ability to supervise and monitor sub- contractor’s as they perform cleaning and or mechanical repairs at this facility.
- Computer skills in Windows, Excel ability to build forms and graphs.
- Familiar with of other trades, to include sheet metal, fire dampers, zone control, air flow volume and velocity and damper linkages. Plumbing, water and steam supply, drainage, gravity systems, condensation, water make up evaporation and human protection systems. Electric; circuit breakers, relays, solenoids, transformers, timers, electromagnetic contactors, vacuum tubes, motors and motor controls and overload protection devices.
Education and Experience:
- Maintain a minimum of 16 hours of continuing education from either a NATE, HVAC Excellence, or UA Star recognized provider program.
- Must possess one or more of the following certifications:
- North American Technician Excellence (N.A.T.E.) HVACR Service Technician Certification
- HVAC Excellence Professional Level Certification
- UA Star HVACR Mastery Certification
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Employee may be required to work in excess of 8 hours in a day and/or 40 hours per week
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
ConstructionView all jobs at Tigua Inc