The successful candidate will provide leadership and coordination of company financial planning, debt financing, and budget management functions and ensure company accounting procedures and reporting conform to generally accepted accounting principles. Responsible for the efforts, results, and success of an organization’s finance department. Provides financial advice and support to help senior executives make key decisions.
• Oversee, review, and adhere to the budgets for each business department
• Assist in company-wide budgetary planning
• Ensure that all the company's financial practices are in line in statutory regulations and legislation
• Analyze the financial climate and market trends to assist senior executives in creating strategic plans
• Interpret complex financial information and provide updates and information as needed
• Monitor cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions
• Supervise financial assistants and other employees in the facilitation of day-to-day operations, including tracking financial data, invoicing, payroll, etc.
• Prepare official reports on a monthly and annual basis
• Seek out methods and practices to minimize financial risk
• Contract auditing services to ensure financial monitoring is up to date
• Create and maintain relationships with service providers and contractors, including banking institutions and accountants
• Update and implement financial policies and procedures
• Maintain a policy manual for the finance department
• Work with human resources employees to secure candidates who will be an asset to the finance department
• Establish and implement a training program for new finance employees
• Represent the company externally to government agencies, auditors, and the general public
• Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate department staff
• Provide accounting policy orientation for new staff
• Coordinate with the management of the MIS department to ensure company objectives are met
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
• Minimum of Ten (10) years’ experience in a mid to senior level finance or accounting position
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Must have experience with working with Deltek Costpoint
• Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
• Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
• Working knowledge of short- and long-term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis.
• Experience in Federal Government contracts
• Small and large project/program orientation
• Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
Advanced degree in accounting, business, finance, or a related field; several years of experience in finance; excellent mathematical skills; leadership skills; management experience; integrity; honesty; understanding of data privacy standards; exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal; thorough understanding of business principles and practices; superior attention to detail; organizational skills; planning skills; problem-solving skills; research skills; analytical skills; critical thinking skills; computer skills; multi-tasking skills.
Tigua Enterprises Inc.
Why Work Here?
Great Benefits, lots of room for professional growth.