Role and Responsibilities
Custodial workers will be responsible for the following (but not limited to): office cleaning, to include other areas of the facilities, spray buffing floors, emptying recyclable containers, re-stocking restroom supplies, policing grounds, and cleaning secured areas.
· Accurately perform assigned tasks such as cleaning and sanitizing restroom facilities and replenish/stock supplies as needed.
· Sweep, vacuum and mop floors. May be required to operate a floor buffer.
· Empty, clean and sanitize waste receptacles
· Dust and polish furniture, blinds, woodwork, fixtures and equipment, clean desks and other counter tops as needed.
· May be required to perform “dusting of high areas” using a ladder.
· Comply with labels and OSHA safety warnings on cleaning agents and hazardous materials.
· Some experience in general building maintenance with some basic knowledge of custodial tasks and equipment repair is required.
· All other duties assigned.
High school diploma. Lifting to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying small items (files, manuals, binders). Medium lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds. The work is done inside and outside, and could be noisy, dirty, dusty and greasy.