Introduction to a great career move:
If you are a Network Engineer with Juniper and Cisco experience please read on! We are seeking a Network Engineer to become an integral part of our team! You will be responsible for designing and implementing computer and information networks that powers over 55 billion DNS lookups each day. We operate and run the services DNS Made Easy (https://dnsmadeeasy.com) and Constellix (https://constellix.com).
Top Reasons to Work with Us:
- Internal R&D projects that deliver services to 30k+ clients daily. Services are used by 100+ million users on the Internet daily.
- VERY unique projects, immediate impact to real world
- Encouraging work environment with stellar colleagues
- Working closely with the current management staff, system operations, and network administrators to ensures stable operations of global IP Anycast network. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing all network hardware, software, and global IP links.
- Implement local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), intranets, extranets, and other data networks
- Develop and execute test plans to check infrastructure and system performance
- Perform network modeling and analysis
- Define blueprint designs for business technology initiatives
- Enforce policies for standardizing systems
- Assist with projects related to network & security infrastructure
- Responsible for network & security performance
- Manage and act as a contact for network & security related vendors to ensure service level agreements align with business expectations
- Lead projects in terms of requirements gathering, scope determination, budget and schedule management
- Enhances operations by accepting ownership of new and different requests
- Creates and maintains standards surrounding documentation related to network and security processes, procedure and infrastructure.
- Provide technical support of the global IP Anycast environment which includes Juniper and Cisco Routers and Switches. All of our routers are Juniper MX series.
- Evaluate performance and capacity of environment to determine required configuration changes, upgrades and feasibility of expanding or enhancing network operations.
- Strategic/ forward thinking approach to managing the global IP network
- Strong troubleshooting skills is a must.
- Hands on experience of installing, configuring patching, upgrading network equipment within offices and data centers.
- Experience in network security a plus
- Ability to work with minimal direction and ability to manage multiple projects
- Previous experience in networking, IT, or other related fields
- Familiarity with architectural specifications
- Familiarity with researching communication networks
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- 5+ years of hands on experience with designing, installing, and troubleshooting Juniper and Cisco enterprise network.
- Experience with Linux and UNIX OS systems.
- 3+ years of proven experience in managing highly technical team.
- Strong leader that maximizes the team’s skill set and performance by establishing and managing to strategic goals and objectives.
- Proficient at leading presentations for a broad audience of peers, business partners and executive leaders.
- Experience with engineering standards, design, and maintenance best practices for enterprise networks including LAN/WAN.
- Experience troubleshooting network related problems in an enterprise environment with expertise in Routing, Switching, WAN Optimization, ACI/SDN and Provisioning
- Strong working knowledge of TCP/IP and other protocols such as BGP, and DNS as well as layer 2 technologies, such as OTV and layer 3 routing technologies, such as HSRP, GLBP, BGP, EIGRP, RIPv2 and OSPF
- Must be located and living in Washington DC area and able to commute to Reston
- Full Benefits Package. 100% employee health insurance, dental insurance, LTD, STD, and 1x annual salary life insurance.
- 401k with employer match
- We encourage and reward talent, drive, and innovation
- We empower our employees to be creative and brainstorm freely
- We believe in flexibility and a fantastic work/life balance
- We bring talent from across projects to solve problems efficiently
- We provide development opportunities as technologies change
- We are all-accessible and listen to our staff when making effective decisions
- SUPER collaborative environment with brilliant, fun coworkers!
Who we are:
Founded in 1999, Tiggee is a project management and software development firm specializing in technology solutions for organizations of all sizes.
Tiggee is a Limited Liability Company based in Northern Virginia with employees and contractors all over the United States. Tiggee has over 16 years of experience in consulting for many of the most popular Internet related technologies such as domain registration, DNS, SMTP, FTP, hosting, and system administration.
Tiggee proudly offers internet hosting services through the follow subsidiary companies which all conduct business under the umbrella of Tiggee LLC. DNS Made Easy (https://dnsmadeeasy.com) and Constellix (https://constellix.com) are two of our largest subsidiaries.