Introduction to a great career move:
If you are a Java Developer with experience please read on! We are seeking a Java Software Architect / Developer to become an integral part of our team. You will be responsible for creating and modifying computer application software or specialized utility programs. We power over 55 billion DNS lookups each day with our DNS and traffic management solution. Work will be on our DNS Made Easy (https://dnsmadeeasy.com) and Constellix (https://constellix.com) services.
Top Reasons to Work with Us:
- Fast-paced, challenging, and innovative environment working with top notch technology, Grails, MongoDB, Relational DB, Groovy, Cassandara and Spark, Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka, and much more!
- Internal R&D projects that deliver services to 30k+ clients daily. Services are used by 100+ million users on the Internet daily.
- VERY unique projects, immediate impact to real world
- Encouraging work environment with stellar colleagues
- Java development and design experience
- Java 8 experience with streams
- REST endpoints / experience
- Understanding of relational and nonrelational databases.
- Version control (Git) preferred
- Experience with Linux and UNIX OS systems.
- Basic understanding of DNS (watch www.learndns.com if you do not)
- Unit testing
- Strategic/ forward thinking approach to managing development
- Strong troubleshooting skills is a must
- Previous experience in software development, computer engineering, or other related fields
- Familiarity with relational databases such as MySQL, Oracle, and SQL Server
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
Applicants with the following experience is a plus:
- Lead projects in terms of requirements gathering, scope determination, budget and schedule management
- Enhances operations by accepting ownership of new and different requests
- React development
- Mongo DB, Redis, Cassandra (with Spark), Kafka
- Ability to work with minimal direction and ability to manage multiple projects
- Analyze user needs and develop software solutions
- Work with project manager or product owner to meet specification needs
- Recommend software upgrades to optimize operational efficiency
- Collaborate with other developers to design and optimize code
- Create flowcharts and user guides for new and existing programs
- Document all programming tasks and procedures
- Perform routine software maintenance
- BS in Technical discipline - Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc.
- 4+ years of SW development experience
- Good communication and speaking skills
- Strong leader that maximizes the team’s skill set and performance by establishing and managing to strategic goals and objectives
- Proficient at leading presentations for a broad audience of peers, business partners and executive leaders
- Must be located and living in Washington DC area and able to commute to Reston
- Full Benefits Package. 100% employee health insurance, dental insurance, LTD, STD, and 1x annual salary life insurance.
- 401k with employer match
- We encourage and reward talent, drive, and innovation
- We empower our employees to be creative and brainstorm freely
- We believe in flexibility and a fantastic work/life balance
- We bring talent from across projects to solve problems efficiently
- We provide development opportunities as technologies change
- We are all-accessible and listen to our staff when making effective decisions
- SUPER collaborative environment with brilliant, fun coworkers!
Who we are:
Founded in 1999, Tiggee is a project management and software development firm specializing in technology solutions for organizations of all sizes.
Tiggee is a Limited Liability Company based in Northern Virginia with employees and contractors all over the United States. Tiggee has over 16 years of experience in consulting for many of the most popular Internet related technologies such as domain registration, DNS, SMTP, FTP, hosting, and system administration.
Tiggee proudly offers internet hosting services through the follow subsidiary companies which all conduct business under the umbrella of Tiggee LLC. DNS Made Easy (https://dnsmadeeasy.com) and Constellix (https://constellix.com) are two of our largest subsidiaries.