Developer Advocate Leader
Tigera, Inc San Francisco, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
Ready for an opportunity to make a substantial impact with a disruptive tech company while building your Developer Advocate career, and the careers of those on your team, in the rapidly growing Kubernetes ecosystem? Come and join the amazing team behind Project Calico, the leading open source container networking and network security solution, and regular contributors to other open source ecosystem projects, including Kubernetes and Istio.
We have thousands of companies around the planet using our software daily to run their mission-critical applications, including some of the largest SaaS, financial services, gaming, and retail companies where performance, scale, and security are essential to the business. All the four large public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google and IBM) have chosen Calico for network security for their managed Kubernetes services. Docker EE 2.0 Kubernetes ships with Calico bundled (batteries included), and we are fully integrated with other major distros, including RedHat OpenShift and the Canonical Distribution of Kubernetes.
As a Tigera Developer Advocate Leader, you will drive the growth and shape the future of the Calico and Kubernetes user and contributor communities. You will lead a team of developer advocates and define a vision and strategy for our developer advocacy program. In this highly technical role, you will be an ecosystem influencer and a champion of users needs. You will build relationships to deeply understand and improve peoples adoption journeys by driving activities ranging from inspiring users with the latest technology advancements and best practices to identifying and removing the friction points getting in their way.
- Define a vision to build developer mindshare for security and observability for Kubernetes networking and microservices communication, and drive adoption of Project Calico
- Build a team of developer advocates to implement the vision
- Hands on leadership will involve blogging, demonstrating, documenting, educating, speaking, advocating!
- Connect online and face-to-face (when its safe to) with user group members to build personal relationships and deeply understand their needs, usage, journeys, and barriers to adoption
- Produce high-quality technical how-to content (blogs, videos, webinars, talks) addressing common user needs, latest technology advances, and emerging best practices
- Present at meetups, conferences, and other ecosystem events
- Build and nurture relationships with fellow ecosystem influencers and open source leaders
- Support our user group through regular office hours and community slack channels
- Monitor user group growth and healthtracking metrics and running regular user group surveys
- Seek out an understanding of the friction points getting in users way, and launch and own programs to remove them
- Produce case studies, webinars, and podcasts featuring real users
- Proactively use Twitter and other social media channels to share your ideas and grow your ecosystem influence
- Travel regularly (when its safe to) within the U.S., and occasionally internationally, to attend or present at conferences, workshops, meetups, and other ecosystem events
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role leading developer advocacy efforts
- 5+ years of experience with open source software, training, technical education
- Strong leadership skills (ability to define a vision for the team)
- Ability to hire and motivate the team and drive successful outcomes
- Experience using or contributing to open source software
- Experience using Linux (your favorite window is a terminal)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive attitude and the ability to be proactive, resourceful, and flexible
- Desire to collaborate with, learn from, and inspire others
- Ability to work as a self-starter with minimal guidance
- Continual learner who thrives on figuring out new technology
- A bias for action with an ability to iterate rapidly to produce results
- Previous experience working in early stage company
Sound like an opportunity where you would thrive and grow? More importantly, could this be the right next step in reaching your career goals? Reach out to us and lets explore whether this role is the right fit for you.
Tigera is an early-stage startup, well funded by top-tier VCs. We offer a competitive compensation package along with full health, vision, and dental benefits. We believe in a collaborative, flexible work environment based on respect for, and commitment from, every employee. These benefits, coupled with an amazing team of individuals who believe in our mission and value openness, collaboration, and teamwork, make Tigera an awesome place to work.