Corporate Development Director
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
TigerConnect transforms healthcare with the industry's most widely adopted clinical collaboration platform – uniquely modernizing the way doctors, nurses, care teams, patients, and data connect. With solutions spanning care communication, patient engagement, scheduling, alarm notifications, nurse call, and more, TigerConnect accelerates productivity, reduces costs, and improves patient outcomes, safely and securely. Trusted by more than 7,000 healthcare organizations for user-friendly, yet enterprise-ready solutions, TigerConnect delivers 99.99% verifiable uptime for more than 10 million messages each day.
We are looking to hire a Corporate Development Director as we enter our next phase of growth. As the first member of the Corporate Development team, you will work with the TigerConnect Executive and Management Teams to thread the needle between strategy, technology, product and finance as we plan for the future. The Corporate Development function is responsible for TigerConnect's M&A activity as well as critical initiatives such as capital raises and organizing the strategic planning process. The function reports directly to the SVP, Finance. This is a great opportunity for someone who has been part of a successful corporate development team and who is looking to leverage that experience to make a significant impact at TigerConnect and in the healthcare technology space.
What You'll Own:
- Partner with the executive team to define M&A strategy and prioritize relevant target areas
- Evaluate new market opportunities and build pipeline of appropriate targets for acquisition
- Evaluate potential acquisitions, strategic partnerships, and investment opportunities from a qualitative and quantitative perspective
- Cultivate a strong network of relationships with relevant company executives, venture and PE investors, investment bankers and industry experts to source new deals
- Conduct thorough due diligence of potential targets, collaborating closely with both internal and external stakeholders
- Manage bankers, advisors, lawyers and other relevant third parties to assist on deal processes
- Support senior leaders in driving consensus on complex strategic and financial questions with engagement from executives, domain experts, and functional teams
- Detail and quantify synergy opportunities and work with integration team to develop preliminary business integration plans
- Develop insightful analysis of key industry trends, emerging areas of opportunity, and the competitive and regulatory landscapes and inform the organization of their strategic implications
- Become an expert on the healthcare communication industry and surrounding digital healthcare ecosystem
- Prepare and present materials for senior management and Board of Directors
What You'll Need:
- 8+ years of corporate development, investment banking, private equity and/or management consulting experience (health technology or communication company experience preferred)
- Experience originating and driving deal processes and diligence, including interaction with counterparties and advisers, for a wide variety of transactions
- Track record developing and executing complex commercial relationships a plus
- Exceptional communicator with the ability to present concepts, recommendations, and analyses to senior management in a clear, concise, and actionable manner
- Ability to build and maintain a network of senior-level relationships externally and internally to facilitate deal sourcing and prioritization
- Experience aligning and driving cross-functional teams
- Superior problem solving and project management skills, with the ability to proactively manage numerous projects with competing timelines
- Proven track record of advanced analytical skills; must be able to define and execute key analyses with minimal supervision
- Masters in Business Administration
What You Bring to the Table:
- Highly organized with superior attention to detail
- Experience reviewing legal agreements and working with counsel to iterate deal documentation
- Comfortable with ambiguity and demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Results-driven and able to strike the right balance between detail-focused and grasping the big picture
- Must be able to synthesize and draw conclusions from copious amounts of raw data
- Self-starter that takes the initiative and is driven by new challenges
- Passion for learning and relentless improvement(Insert soft skills i.e. ability to work under pressure, problem solving, etc)
Who We Are:
We are recognized as a top Cyber Security Company to Know, one of the 5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch by Entrepreneur, Best Places to Work in Healthcare 5 years in a row (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019) and Built In LA's 2021 Best Places to Work, Best Midsize Companies to Work, Best Paying Companies and Best Perks & Benefits.
Why We're Different:
- We are the largest provider of clinical communication and collaboration solutions in the U.S.
- We're making much-needed, major changes in the healthcare industry - allowing nurses and doctors to treat more patients, more quickly
- Prime office space in the major tech ecosystems of California - Silicon Beach and Silicon Valley - each complete with a loaded fridge and tons of other perks (think rock climbing wall, food trucks, yoga, happy hours & more)
- An opportunity to work closely with a proven executive team, board, and serial entrepreneurs (www.tigerconnect.com/about)
- A fun environment that embraces a "work hard-play hard" culture
- We have team members that love what they do and are willing to go the extra mile to help clients, support the company's rapid growth, and ultimately optimize healthcare workflows
- This is a full time opportunity with a competitive salary, medical benefits, and 401K matching plan
TigerConnect is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to TigerConnect without first entering into a written contract with TigerConnect will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.
TigerConnect Applicant and Employee Privacy Notice
AddressSanta Monica, CA
BusinessView all jobs at TigerConnect