Tiger Correctional Services Jonesboro, AR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsible for the efficient sourcing and purchasing of product and equipment including securing the most favorable price and delivery terms. Coordinate with departments to fulfill purchase orders. Research and communicate with suppliers in order to stay aware of market conditions.
- Follow accounting procedures to accurately record purchase request. Recommend process improvements if needed.
- Process purchase orders in an accurate and timely manner.
- Review order details for specification accuracy such as quantity, type, color, price, discounts, and value
- Track inventory of products using spreadsheets and a computerized database to ensure shipments are approved, ordered and ship within specific timeframes.
- Reconcile vendor related issues including quality, quantity, and delivery.
- Maintain various tracking and inventory spreadsheets on a daily and weekly basis to monitor amount of product on hand, product usage, transferred items, product location, and inventory turn-around times.
- Resolve order issues by researching and coordinating information with various team members to ensure product pricing accuracy, product availability, proper shipping documentation, value discrepancies, and other related product issues.
- Assist Accounts Payable with approval of invoice, bills and due dates.
- Ensure products and services are received and the order was accurate
- Building successful supplier relationships; growing a diverse array of items and suppliers.
- Providing analysis and recommendations on relevant products.
- Monitoring new developments, trends, and market activity.
- Preparing reports and records related to buying and inventory activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required within corporate office
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: High school diploma required. Associates degree in business preferred
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrated knowledge of general accounting practices & principles
EXPERIENCE: Two years of experience in a business office, accounting, administration or purchasing.
- Professional experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook is required.
- Excellent verbal, written & listening skills
- Excellent computer, internet & email skills. Proficient with using office technology including printer, copier, scanner, fax.
- Excellent customer service, problem solving & conflict resolution skills
- Strong organizational & analytical skills
- Excellent time management skills
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions and deal with problems involving many variables
- Must be able to hear & receive normal conversations and information
- Must have average visual abilities necessary to read a computer screen
- Must be able to solve & interpret basic math problems including adding, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Must be able to communicate with an advance vocabulary of 8000 to 10,000 words, to read at a moderate rate, write basic sentences and communicate in standard sentences with excellent vocabulary
Tiger Correctional Services
BusinessView all jobs at Tiger Correctional Services