CT Holdings is currently recruiting for a second shift Production Supervisor ( 3pm – 11pm ) for an automotive Tier One supplier of components to the Automotive Industry. This position is a salaried role, with paid overtime. The company is a well-established, recognized name in high performance and exceptional quality in a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, employing hundreds.
- Will develop and supervise direct reports; Identifies developmental needs for each employee, trains, coaches and orients new and current employees.
- Observes compliance with standards. Monitors and audits job enhancement progress. Assigns daily work, evaluates performance, facilitates teamwork, coaches, counsels and disciplines employees.
- Provides reinforcement and positive relationship building. Support and enforce work rules including safety, environmental, and housekeeping within the department as well as the overall plant. Supports and enforce employees wearing all safety personal protective equipment properly.
- Communicate changes or updates to employees regarding business requirements, safety, policies, procedures and practices. Enforces plant policies, procedures and practices by consistently and formally coaching and counseling employees when violations occur.
- Determines labor needs based on departmental production requirements and assigns work station rotations. Works with support groups to ensure efficient labor resource use plant wide (plans for outages, coordinates planned downtime, assigns direct employees to help indirects as needed).
- Guarantees the execution of the assigned production plans according to available resources, monitoring any deviation or anomaly and keeping constant information flux towards Plant manager.
- Schedules vacation, holidays, overtime and special assignment responsibilities as determined by business operations/ needs. Provides tools, personal protective equipment and materials to employees for job completion.
- Work closely with continuous improvement efforts to reduce costs and create efficiencies within production and labor utilization (5S safety improvements, lean initiatives).
Bachelor’s degree OR 2-5 years of applicable experience as a supervisor in a similar manufacturing environment. Background in the following required: Continuous Improvement, Quality ( Six Sigma, Lean, etc. ), automotive manufacturing quality environment, and solid interpersonal and management skills.
Position offers an attractive starting salary, paid overtime, and a full complement of health & welfare benefits.
Tier 1 supplier of a full complement of metal fabrication components to OEM manufacturers.
Why Work Here?
Stable, reputable manufacturer of a full complement of design to fab services for OEM manufacturers.