Senior Audit Associate
- Posted: over a month ago
Tidwell Group is seeking an Senior Audit Associate for our John's Creek, GA office
Tidwell Group, LLC, has been named an INSIDE Public Accounting (IPA) Best of the Best Firm for 2021, 2020, and 2019 and Forbes list of ‘America’s Best Tax and Accounting Firms of 2021’. These acknowledgments follow the firm’s Fastest Growing ranking for 2021, 2019, 2018, and 2017. A leading accounting and advisory firm with offices in Atlanta, Austin, Birmingham, and Columbus, Tidwell Group specializes in the tax credit, real estate, and construction industries. Our experienced professionals serve all asset classes within the affordable housing industry. With expertise ranging from low-income housing tax credits, bond, and conventional financing, renewable energy, HUD compliance and reporting, and USDA-Rural Development compliance and reporting, our focus is on developing long-term client relationships through value-driven results.
Senior Audit Associate
Tidwell Group offers a phenomenal work environment and wealth of opportunities to help you advance your career. This position will allow the firm to provide continued excellent service to its clients as well as growth opportunities for employees. We offer a competitive base salary commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package, along with an enjoyable and rewarding corporate culture.
- Deliver quality auditing services to clients and their stakeholders.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex accounting and auditing concepts and apply them to client situations
- Collaborate to plan engagement objectives and an audit strategy that complies with professional standards and appropriately addresses risk.
- Direct field work, manage engagement economics and inform supervisors of the audit engagement status.
- Monitor the engagement team's progress against the plan and alter it when needed.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with audit client personnel, assess audit clients' satisfaction and proactively maintain contact with the audit client throughout the year.
- Supervise junior engagement team members and develop them through effectively delegating audit tasks and providing guidance to assurance staff.
Skills/ Abilities for Success:
- Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment.
- Challenge audit procedures used in the past and attempt to enhance audit techniques.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Integrity within a professional environment.
- Able to manage multiple engagement and deadline-drive.
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
- Knowledge of business trends, emerging technical and industry developments.
Team Relationship Expectations:
· Demonstrate integrity, ethical decision-making and behaviors that build trust across teams and with clients;
· Create an environment that encourages teamwork, innovation, inclusion and challenges traditional approaches.
What we're looking for:
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting
· 3 years of progressive public accounting experience
· CPA or CPA eligible
· Excellent oral & written communication skills
· Ability to work well in a team environment
· Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines and budget constraints
Tidwell Group provides equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?