Veterinary Pharmacy and Inventory Technician
The Veterinary Pharmacy and Inventory Technician, also known as "the pharmacist," assists the doctors, veterinary technicians, client-care coordinators, and managers to meet the organization's prescription and inventory needs . This position reports to the Supervisor of the Veterinary Pharmacy but will be working very closely on the details with the Directors of the Veterinary Technicians and the Client-Care Coordinators, Inventory Manager, and Doctors.
The veterinary pharmacist’s primary role is to help oversee and maintain the quality of an efficient and effective delivery of the in-house, online, and third-party prescription program. The pharmacist provides support to the clients, the hospital doctors, and staff to ensure that all prescription requirements for the patients are met. In addition, the pharmacist supports client and patient care with other administrative duties, including to assist the management of inventory stock.Requirements:
The Veterinary Pharmacist must maintain a high level of organization, communication, and promote an environment of continuous quality improvement. This role requires critical-thinking, sound judgment, stamina to focus on specific details, and occasional tolerance for a high-pace and high-volume work environment. The pharmacist must be willing and able to collaborate with doctors, managers, staff, and clients, and help this position to evolve its efficiency and effectiveness.
Part-time with potential to be Full-time. Training provided.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Enter a prescription and invoice using the practice management software.
- Contact the client regarding prescription services.
- Fill correctly both non-controlled and controlled medications.
- Place filled/ready prescriptions in the appropriate location.
- Monitor and handle prescription requests in clinic, online, and with third-parties.
- Modify and monitor the medical record appropriately as necessary.
- Seek doctor approval for requests or refills.
- Identify suspected prescriptions errors and correct them with doctor approval.
- Assist in securing alternative solutions when an Rx is unavailable.
- Inform pet owners about any possible side effects from the medication.
- Collect payment.
- Actualize medication pick-up and confirm payment.
- Terminate forgotten prescriptions and associated billing.
- Monitor and communicate prescription compliance with doctors and clients.
- Schedule appointments for patients that need an exam before refills.
- Stock the drugs and supplies.
- Monitor and report low inventory counts and compliance.
- Assist the duties of inventory management.
- Follow protocol for the expiration of medication.
- Monitor Rx and supplies in farm- and house-call vehicles.
- Complete duties as assigned.
High school diploma/GED required
1-2 years of experience in pharmacy or veterinary work
Strong organizational and time management skills
Strong problem-solving skills and analytical abilities
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Products
Some experience with large and small animals preferred
Knowledge of veterinary terminology preferred
Tidewater Veterinary Hospital LLC
30079 Three Notch RdCharlotte Hall, MD
Get fresh Veterinary Pharmacy and Inventory Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.