Road Service Diesel Technician
Tidewater Express Inc.
Under the supervision of the wrecker division Operations Manager, this full-time position will be responsible for roadside diagnosing and repairing heavy duty diesel vehicles or other equipment. This highly motivated, self-sufficient mechanic is expected to be a “walking example” of the organized professional operation that TEI strives to be. This individual will be assigned a work truck stocked with parts and heavy repair machinery. Personal hand tools should be provided by the applicant/future employee.
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience as a medium/heavy duty truck or school bus mechanic
- Must demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of preventative maintenance programs
- Must have excellent customer etiquette and communication skills
- Have the ability and desire to form a close working relationship with other team members
- Possess and use own hand tools
- Must have, and keep current, a USA issued driver's license with a clean MVR
- Maintain and/or repair all mechanical, electrical, and electronic components on a wide variety of commercial vehicles and equipment within time limits as outlined in standard labor guidelines
- Clean, manage, and maintain tools and vehicle assigned
- Perform duties during regular working hours and when circumstances arise, additional duty time required to complete a dispatched call or task requested by management
- Must be capable of frequent walking, standing, kneeling, stooping, heavy lifting, and carrying at least 50 pounds
- Must be willing and able to work outside and inside on slippery or uneven surfaces and ladders
- Be comfortable with exposure with exposure to hot and cold temperatures, dust, toxic chemicals, materials, and welding sparks
- Assists service advisors and management by advising the most economical yet effective repair of customer or company equipment
- Responsible for competent completion of daily maintenance and major repairs that are assigned
- Support administrative policies and assigned duties
- Pass pre-employment drug screening
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance coverage
- Medical insurance paid 100% by TEI at 5 year work anniversary
- Life insurance policy
- Legal and other supplemental coverage
- Simple IRA with TEI matching contribution
- PTO, Holiday, and Bereavement pay
***SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE WITH EXPERIENCE***
Tidewater Express Inc.Chesapeake, VA
Over a month ago
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.