- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Tidal Basin seeks a qualified Operations Manager for the Community Energy and Water Resilience Installations (CEWRI) Program, developed by the Puerto Rico Department of Housing (PRDOH). The Program was created in response to island-wide power outages and potable water disruptions resulting from hurricanes Maria and Irma, which have continued to complicate recovery across the Island. CEWRI is designed to promote energy efficiency, reliability, and renewable resources, along with water efficiency and security, via the installation of photovoltaic panels with battery backup and water storage systems.
The Operations Manager (OM) reports to the Program Manager and assists with the overall execution of the CEWRI program. The OM primarily oversees daily field operations, ensuring that these operations are performed in the most efficient manner. The Operations Manager oversees standards of performance, safety policies, and procedures, and will work onsite directing staff operations under the guidance of the Program Manager. Working closely with the PRDOH environmental team, the OM ensures all environmental reviews are completed and submitted satisfactorily.
A successful Operations Manager works to ensure a high standard of performance in field operations and fosters a professional and cooperative work environment. Specific duties may include:
- Oversee and ensure the efficiency of daily field operations
- Adjust internal and overall Program policies, as necessary, to uphold standards of performance and safety
- Identify any program concerns to PRDOH, and provide solutions to mitigate concerns
- Determine and direct staff needed to accomplish tasks
- Work with construction contractors to meet environmental requirements and take corrective action if necessary
- Ensure all environmental reviews are prepared and submitted
- Help to assess and maximize project performance
- Maintain knowledge of CDBG-DR policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements
- Ensure project activities are performed at or exceeding industry standards
- Provide on-call status reports and progress reviews if necessary
- Perform other duties as needed
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Ability to effectively manage and work with project staff
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and proactively identify key steps to complete requested client outcomes
- Excellent client relations and an understanding of local, state, and federal government structure
Required Education and Experience:
- Professional Engineer or Architect, in compliance with Puerto Rico’s Act Number 173 of August 12, 1988, as amended
- Renewable Solar Energy Installer (Photovoltaic) Certificate from the Public Energy Policy Program
- 5+ years experience in project management
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written competency in both Spanish and English
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at Tidal Basin
Get fresh Water Systems Operator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.