- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are a growing consulting firm looking for a Communications Coordinator to support our corporate marketing and communications team. This role provides vital support with creating and maintaining consistent internal and corporate communications across all our brands, including our parent company, Rising Phoenix Holdings Company, and its subsidiaries including Tidal Basin Government Consulting, Tidal Basin Caribe, Tidal Basin Federal, TB Customer Relations, Adjusters International Ltd (aka AI Corporate) and nine partner Adjusters International Firms.
Rising Phoenix Holdings Company’s Communications Department provides overall communications strategy for our organization. This position will assist with various internal and external communications, public/media relations, writing, editing, design/layout, and project coordination and administrative support.
Requires the ability to learn and use technical language/concepts and articulate emergency management and disaster recovery related service offerings. Requires project management and problem-solving capabilities, strong organizational skills, and attention to detail. Quality and accuracy of all materials and communications are a key function of this role.
The position will be located in our Utica, NY and can be offered as a “hybrid” position where the person can work from home but will need to be in the Utica office at least 2-3 days per week.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist department in coordinating communications, print and digital marketing, and public relations initiatives
- Assist department in various writing and editing capacities, both external (marketing/PR) and internal (corporate communications including intranet weekly digest, inter-departmental programs, training materials)
- Brainstorm creative ideas for publications, articles, content, campaigns, mailings, events, etc.
- Develop and maintain editorial calendar for corporate communications including company intranet. Write, solicit, coordinate, edit, and post intranet articles
- Support the creation and distribution of print and electronic newsletters as needed
- Update and maintain company print and email distribution lists in database(s)
- Support the mail and email distribution of corporate publications
- Manage printed material inventory and support related shipping requests
- Handle distribution and related invoices for corporate communications vendors and publications, including distribution on behalf of our member Adjusters International firms
- Order business cards, stationery and envelopes and process related invoices
- Provide written content for headquarters office digital sign(s) updates and coordinate approval/upload
- Assist with onboarding and offboarding tasks to include writing welcome and promotion announcements and bios and uploading to the intranet and appropriate external websites, coordinating with new hires for headshots, and other onboarding/offboarding tasks as needed.
- Keep corporate communications tasks and project statuses updated in workload tracker and/or project management database
- Compile and submit weekly reports and related metrics
- Assist with development of quarterly and annual reports and Board of Directors PowerPoint presentations
- Assist with corporate communications and culture building projects as needed
- Assist with recruiting projects and communications as needed
- Assist executive leadership in developing presentations, speeches, and other important corporate messages.
- Assist with Trademark and Compliance projects as needed
- Provide writing, editing, layout, project coordination, and administrative support as needed to the marketing and communications team and company executives
- Assist with the organization and maintenance of news articles and marcom material archives in SharePoint, network drives, DAM (digital asset management) system, CRM (customer relationship management) database, CMS (website content management system), etc.
- Upload headshots, reports, and other team files to SharePoint
- Work closely with other staff to include Publications, Marcom, Human Resources and Business Development Teams
- Assist with developing communications policies, processes and/or tools
- Complete all assigned compliance related training on an annual basis
- Business needs may require this individual to work additional hours as needed for surge support in times of need and/or disaster events
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Competencies:
- Dependable, responsible, self-directed, goal-oriented, and organized with strong attention to detail
- Copywriting and copyediting
- Detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Team oriented with ability to work independently, self-starter
- Understanding of graphic design and/or social media content development is a plus.
Required Education and Experience:
- Degree: Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, English or combination of education and experience
- Years of Experience: 2-3 years hands-on communications and/or administrative experience, with writing and/or communications initiatives preferred
- Software Programs:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, especially Word and PowerPoint. Proficiency with Photoshop preferred
- Proficiency in cloud-based website content management (website CMS), client relationship management (CRM), and team collaboration platforms preferred
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at Tidal Basin
Get fresh Technical Writer Consultant jobs daily straight to your inbox!